Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    collegeman is offline Junior Member collegeman is on a distinguished road

Roomate Dealing Drugs: What should I be worried about?

One of my three roomates is dealing marijuana out of the house that we are currently leasing. He has at most one ounce of marijuana and does not have any small dime/gram bags but does have an electronic scale. People come by from time to time to buy the marijuana from him and he occasionally goes to the peoples house to sell it to them.
    So there is the background, now my question: If my drug dealing roomate were to get arrested or our house was to get searched, could any of us non-drugdealing roomates get in trouble with the law? I am worried about my roomate, obviously, and also worried about the repercussions this could have on all of us. Any insight or advice would be a great help.

note: None of my other roomates or I have been involved in any way with the drug dealing and all of our names are on the lease.

JD45 is offline Press hard...four copies. JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute JD45 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeman
    One of my three roomates is dealing marijuana out of the house that we are currently leasing. He has at most one ounce of marijuana and does not have any small dime/gram bags but does have an electronic scale. People come by from time to time to buy the marijuana from him and he occasionally goes to the peoples house to sell it to them.
    So there is the background, now my question: If my drug dealing roomate were to get arrested or our house was to get searched, could any of us non-drugdealing roomates get in trouble with the law? I am worried about my roomate, obviously, and also worried about the repercussions this could have on all of us. Any insight or advice would be a great help.

note: None of my other roomates or I have been involved in any way with the drug dealing and all of our names are on the lease.
    To make things easier for you, just give me the address and state, and I'll have it taken care of..:D

On a more realistic note, you and the rest of your roomates are placing yourselves in a great deal of jeapordy with that type of activity going on. I wouldn't be living there one more day with drug dealing going on....period.
    Be advised, I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I could put a round through a fleas *** at 300 yards. So why don't you hump somebody else's leg mutt-face before I push yours in.

retdetsgt is offline Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Either throw this guy out immediately or leave yourselves. The chances are pretty good you'll get busted right along with him and probably convicted unless he confesses.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

Piggy is offline Trained Assassin Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    In Indiana, YOU could be charged with a felony, if your name is on the lease. If I were you I'd either tell him to stop, move out, or hope for the best.

IC 35-48-4-13
    Visiting or maintaining a common nuisance
    Sec. 13. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally visits a building, structure, vehicle, or other place that is used by any person to unlawfully use a controlled substance commits visiting a common nuisance, a Class B misdemeanor.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally maintains a building, structure, vehicle, or other place that is used one (1) or more times:
    (1) by persons to unlawfully use controlled substances; or
    (2) for unlawfully:
    (A) manufacturing;
    (B) keeping;
    (C) offering for sale;
    (D) selling;
    (E) delivering; or
    (F) financing the delivery of;
    controlled substances, or items of drug paraphernalia as described in IC 35-48-4-8.5;commits maintaining a common nuisance, a Class D felony.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

Charlie is offline Veteran Member Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    If I were you, I would seriously consider moving out or, having your doper roommate move out. Dealing drugs only leads to one thing: TROUBLE. I would most definitely distance myself from this person.

VERY General and broad answers to your question:

"If my drug dealing roomate were to get arrested or our house was to get searched, could any of us non-drugdealing roomates get in trouble with the law?"

-- Depends on overall circumstances. The police, for all you know, could be investigating your roommate's dope dealing activities. Assuming IF roommate is indeed being investigated, the police could obtain a search warrant and search your house too. So, where could that potentially leave you and your other non-dope dealing roommate? In the middle and answering a LOT of questions. Sure, you both could eventually be cleared of any wrong doing but again, depending upon the circumstances at hand, you both could also end up getting handcuffed and taking a trip to the police station! Definitely NOT an ideal situation to find yourself in!

Bottom line in my book: I think your doper roommate is an a$$hole and a fool to be dealing in the first place AND, putting both you and your other roommate possibly in Harm's way. Dealing dope sometimes can bring with it a lot of potential trouble. (i.e.: Mad customers, roommate may owe people money who have guns! etc.). What kind of a person potentially endangers others.

I don't have all the answers to your situaition but I maintain my suggestion: At minimum, I'd defintely move out or get him moved out and go your separate ways ASAP...
    --
    Charlie
    "Good and evil are present in this world, and between the two there can be no compromise" - President George W. Bush, in his farewell address to the nation.

Toeknee112 is offline A Reserve of One Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute Toeknee112 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    If I were you I'd be more worried about a "drug deal gone bad" scenario...

sgtbear111 is offline Veteran Member sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute sgtbear111 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Maintaining a Drug House is a felony. Those who know it occurs and allow it, and who are on the lease or utility bills, or enjoy ANY proceeds (like your dope dealing roomie buys a big screen TV for all to use) are subject to felony criminal sanctions, and forfeiture of property. If you ever loan your car to doper roomie, you will lose it to seizure if he gets arrested while using it. If he says it's only for a date or trip to store, don't believe him. Some things about dopers FYI:

#1 all dopers lie

#2 dopers will implicate anyone they can to shift blame off them, and they get the advice of a dope lawyer in doing so

#3 there is no such thing as a "responsible drug user", only fools who choose to believe that

#4 dopers steal from anyone. Missing anything?

#5 dopers have friends as long as they have dope, or the bucks to buy more dope, and a supplier....like your roomie

#6. dopers bring real nasty bad criminal types home with them.

Dope isn't cool, it's called dope for a reason. It does deliver some new ways of looking at things, but the reality is jail, crime, poverty, insanty and death.
    Old people may not live to see the collapse of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse.

A lie told often becomes truth. (Valdimir Ilyich Lenin)

Gooch is offline Veteran Member Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute Gooch has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    You're pretty naive if you think that your roommate wouldn't do absolutely anything to save his own *** when the police come a knockin', including sending you up the river.

"No. That's not my dope but I'll be gald to help in any way I can, officer."

corporal716 is offline Veteran Member corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    GET OUT :eek:

Or get together with the other roommates and kick out the one dealing. But being that you have not gotten together to do this yet, there may be more drug use than just the one roommate dealing. The old birds of a feather thing. The best thing for you to do is

GET OUT FAST
    How come your house has wheels and your car doesn't?

collegeman is offline Junior Member collegeman is on a distinguished road
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the insight.
    I am going to give him two options: (1) stop or (2) move out.
    Plain and simple. I think he will choose (1) seeing as he is not making much money and it is not worth the risk on his part. Plus, he could screw all of us in terms of our futures (i.e. getting a job) and that is not right. Thanks again...I will talk to him as soon as possible!

Gooch, I am not naive and I don't think that type of comment regarding my friend's character is accurate. Yes, he may be selling drugs which in your eyes makes him a bad person but the act does not say anything about his character. People sometimes make bad, irrational decisions and need others to set them straight.

Star is offline Banned Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute Star has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    You have knowledge and you are aware. You are accessory, as far as I am concerned and just as guilty. They can confiscate everything in your house, your cars, including your computer so you've just admitted that you are aware. You are guilty, hon. Get him the hell out of there. He doesn't care what you think or what happens to you, so why should you care what happens to him?

Drew27k9 is offline Veteran Member Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L3
    Verified LEO
    Gooch, I am not naive and I don't think that type of comment regarding my friend's character is accurate. Yes, he may be selling drugs which in your eyes makes him a bad person but the act does not say anything about his character. People sometimes make bad, irrational decisions and need others to set them straight.

The act doesn't say anything about his character? Yes you are naive. In my opinion anyone that sells drugs is a dirtbag.

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Your friend is a DRUG DEALER. Have you called home and told your parents and relatives that you are living with a DRUG DEALER ? You don't seem to mind much that you are sharing a house with a FELON and you have done nothing to stop his criminal enterprise.

You are placing yourself and your future in risk.

You either need a new roommate or a new house. If he is willing to be a DRUG DEALER he is probably willing to try other criminal enterprises. And you could get brought into it because you live there.
    Creeper Cop

Group9 is offline Hurricanes suck! Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    [QUOTE=collegeman]Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the insight.
    I am going to give him two options: (1) stop or (2) move out.

(1) Bad idea. You'll never know if he stopped for sure or not, and he probably won't.

(2) Good idea.
    "Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it."

Old Chinese Proverb

P01IC3M4N is offline Texian P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute P01IC3M4N has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeman
    these little *****-asses would dime out their own mom to stay out of jail. his character is he's a drug dealer, probably selling that crap to kids. if you think he's a good guy, let him continue and have a good time in jail for the pot charge he pinned on you.

16. This ad will disappear if you login