Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    crayolaman is offline Junior Member crayolaman is on a distinguished road

What exactly is unsupervised probation

If your probation is unsupervised then what happens if you break probation. It would be unsupervised and nobody would know.

Drew27k9 is offline Veteran Member Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L3
    Verified LEO
    As far as I know, unsupervised probation is just that. You are assaigned to a probation officer, but you don't have to report to them, like someone who is on supervised probation usually does. But if you are arrested while on probation, believe me, your probation officer will find out.

Aggie is offline Banned Aggie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Let's say I was on probation. If I am arrested, the cop will see that I'm on probation on his computer. Then my probation may be revoked.

It's not always revoked though. I knew someone who was on probation for smoking weed. He got an MIP for having a case of beer and did not ID when stopped by a cop. He got his probation extended, had some more fines to pay, and did a week in jail.

MOCOP is offline JARHEAD MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Depending on the P.O. you could go from unsupervised to supervised or even intensive probation. The P.O. files with the court that sentenced you to the probation with his recomendations and the P.O. swears to a Violation of Probation warrant.
    At your hearing the judge who sentenced you has final say. God help you.

scott715us is offline Sgt/DUI Inst/Juris Doctor scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I worked an internship in intensive probation for the state of TN. They had to report twice a week with weekly drug screens, proof of employment, make sure they were not arrested since last week, etc, etc. I also conducted home visits weekly. Unsupervised probation alot of people get as punishment usually for first time offenses. Unless you have community service or something similar, you probably won't have to make contact with the probation officer, unless of course you get arrested during the time of your unsupervised probation. If you violate it, you can either serve the rest of the time in jail, or under more supervised probation, including intensive. You may not get caught, but why risk it? I guarantee you don't want intensive and be treated like a 10 yr old under adult supervision like my folks were. ;)

Jimmy_D is offline Junior Member Jimmy_D is on a distinguished road
    Verified LEO
    I am a probation and parole officer in Louisiana. In our state, a person on unsupervised probation would not be assigned a probation officer. Our division would not even maintain a file on him. Should he violate a condition of the unsupervised probation, it would usually be up to the D.A. to file a motion to revoke. In a few rare cases, a person might have a mixture of a few years supervised and a few years unsupervised. Once the supervised period expires, we will close our case out.

7. This ad will disappear if you login