Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Soundless is offline Junior Member Soundless is on a distinguished road

what is the penalty for stealing gasoline?

what is the penalty for stealing gas from a gas station fullservice tank?
    a friend of mine is currently considering himself a "fugitive" and is nervous because he assisted his friend in stealing about $13 worth of gas. :eek:

if the info is necessary he is currently at age 15 and in the state of NY

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Call me silly, but for $15, he should talk to his "co-conspirator" :D and go to the gas station to make good. He may or may not get off, but you will certainly fair better than getting a visit from the cops and THEN paying it back.
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

Arrow hmm...

heh heh heh, thats true, but the gas man had already came out and confronted my boy and his "co-conspirator" :D , i heard that as the two of them drove off the guy was ranting on about calling the cops.
    wuts the fugitives chance of not gettin in trouble? :D

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Well, it depends if they got the boys' plate. They have really been cracking down on drive-offs around here. They really should just go back and make good on it. If nothing else, mail the money in anonymously, saying it is from the incident on _____date, etc. That would be better than nothing, but they should make good on it.
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

Well, it depends if they got the boys' plate.
    i highly doubt they did, but on the rare occasion that they are found, what penalty could the two be facing? jason has been a good friend of mine for ages, and my worry is i would hate to see him go down for something as blatant as this...

either way i might just mail in the few dollars myself in any case.

sbrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundless
    a friend of mine is currently considering himself a "fugitive" and is nervous because he assisted his friend in stealing about $13 worth of gas. :eek:
    I've made a call. Tell your friends to sit tight and someone will be ther to pick them up shortly.

what are the chances of them being found without any solid information, perhaps without even a license plate, based only on description and what is the possible penalty they would face if caught?

that is my only remaining curiosity... :D

lol

bisho1p is offline Junior Member bisho1p is an unknown quantity at this point
    Pay the $15 bucks, or get your *** locked up. Here in VA, you can/will lose your license for stealing gas.

I went to get gas once, pumped the gas, and realized I left my cash at home! I talked to the manager and explained what happened, and cut a deal. I said, here is my name, address, phone number, license plate, driver's license number, etc...

I am going to run home, get the cash, and bring it back. If I am not back in 30 minutes, call the cops. He said okay. I came back in 10 minutes, paid him, no problems.

Norm357 is offline I'm too sexy for my shirt Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Here in VA, you can/will lose your license for stealing gas.
    Same in Ga.
    "In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Sheriff, we are coming for you.

No, I am not an expert, but I am a fat guy who likes to eat.

http://www.aspca.org/images/content/...der/575925.jpg
    www.iCuban.com

txinvestigator1 is offline what me, worry? txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357
    Same in Ga.
    Ditto Texas
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final" --Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Whitewolf1970 is offline Hearing-impaired non-LEO Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute Whitewolf1970 has a reputation beyond repute
    Here in CA, almost many of the gas stations have lock-up system until you pay the cost for the gas. I have seen one person trying to get the gas in the car until he realized he hafta pay first before fillin' her up. He pushed his car to the stall and walked away. His car was towed away because attendants were not that happy that he parked there without explaination. :D Glad to have that time of system better than the ol' fashioned gas filling machines. :D
    "Delta, Delta, Delta, Can I help ya, help ya, help ya?" - Toeknee112
    "I still hand write mine. Each one is lovingly handcrafted and than signed by the author" - mcsap
    "Run Until Drop By Taser." -me
    "Enforcement for SAFETY, NOT for revenue." - Sgt. Keith Underwood

Puddle Pirate is offline Veteran Member Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute Puddle Pirate has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by txinvestigator1
    Ditto Texas
    Same here

ACS Explorer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundless

Shot 5 times with a M-16 or sent to Iraq to live with the Iraq POWs, here! LOL. I would just do the right thing and pay for the gas. They must have been desperate!

16. This ad will disappear if you login