Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    ryanmr1991 is offline Junior Member ryanmr1991 is on a distinguished road

Will I be disqualified?

I am hoping to join the police academy in January of 2018 and am wondering if a few small things will disqualify me once I apply to a department. First, I smoked pot in college. Probably about 50 times at least if I had to guess. By the time I graduate the academy it would be about 3.5 years since last smoking. I've never done any other drugs. Also, I know they ask about stealing from former employers and in college I worked at a grocery store and I drank a .99 bottle of chocolate milk probably 3-4 times without paying for it. I'm probably overthinking the last one but this is my dream job and I don't want to mess this up. Thanks for any input!

Big Sexy is offline Most Diabolical Poster Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot
    Verified LEO
    Smoking marijuana 50 times is going to be a lot to overcome, because it's well out of the realm of experimentation. BIG has to ask, if this is your "dream job", why do it once, much less 50 times? There are many officers on this board for whom this wasn't their "dream jobs", yet they found themselves interested in law enforcement, joined law enforcement, yet have not partaken in an illegal drug once, again, much less 50 times.
    BIG SEXY says - "When life hands you lemons, take those same lemons & smash them into lifes' ugly *** mugg!! That'll learn'em to give you lemons."