Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    PR723 is offline Veteran Member PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot

Human Trafficking

With the growing awareness of the prevalence of human trafficking, I've noticed with the stories I've heard that it is a female being held captive by a male. I've wondered how common is it for the captors to be women? Are males just as likely to be forced into slavery as females or are females in greater demand?

It's my understanding that flight attendants are offered a training course that teaches them how to recognize signs/behavior during a flight that suggest when a passenger may be a victim of human trafficking and is in the process of being transported. Is this training mandatory and is it offered across the board to all airlines?

It's also my understanding that children who are 4.0 students can become victims. What are the different ways people become trapped in a human trafficking ring? What advice do you offer to parents who want to educate their children?

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I don't think anyone here is aware of what training is or is not being conducted by airlines for flight attendants.

Yes, women are at greater risk worldwide of human trafficking than men are, as the sex trade is in many cases fueled by it.

Parents can help their kids by being involved in their lives, keeping an eye on their online activities, and teaching them common sense about revealing information about themselves to strangers and other basic internet and personal safety. Being taken for sex trafficking is no different than any other kidnapping or any other grooming for sexual abuse.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

PR723 is offline Veteran Member PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot PR723 posts a lot
    Thank you for the reply. Have a good evening.

Big Sexy is offline Most Diabolical Poster Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot
    Verified LEO
    With the lead up to the most recent Super Bowl, BIG knows some flight crews were given some type of instruction on signs of possible trafficking.

Regarding where to seek such training, besides the great advice given above by Citicop, BIG would suggest maybe checking out the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), who do offer various training and may be able to direct you to something in your local area.
    Last edited by Big Sexy; 02-13-17 at 08:16 PM.
    BIG SEXY says - "When life hands you lemons, take those same lemons & smash them into lifes' ugly *** mugg!! That'll learn'em to give you lemons."

Thank you for the response, BIG.

BIG,
    Is it possible to give an estimate/ percentage of people who are rescued from a human trafficking ring?

Big Sexy is offline Most Diabolical Poster Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot Big Sexy posts a lot
    Verified LEO
    Though BIG's agency is one of the federal agencies that works HT cases, BIG himself does not & has not and worked those investigations. Thus BIG couldn't even begin to give you any estimates/percentages of victims. He does know that some NGO's attempt to victimize folks who are simply smuggled, at their own requests, and are no ore a victim of HT than BIG himself is.
    BIG SEXY says - "When life hands you lemons, take those same lemons & smash them into lifes' ugly *** mugg!! That'll learn'em to give you lemons."

Hmmmm. Interesting. Thank you, BIG.

Actually, I meant to say," My thanks to BIG."

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    In my area (Birmingham, AL), a non-profit called The Wellhouse (the-wellhouse.org) works with FBI to rescue HT victims, and then provide housing and job training. Their founder, Tajuan McCarty, speaks on HT nationally, so they may know of other resources in your area as well.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!