Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My friend's dad

AnonMan is offline Junior Member AnonMan is on a distinguished road

My friend's dad

So my friend will stay the night at her boyfriend's house but tells her parents that she's staying with a friend. She's a month from being 17 and he is 20. What kind of trouble could both of them get into for lying about that? I have heard some say they can be charged for her being a runaway and him harboring a runaway, however she has premission to stay at someone's house, just not his, and she always returns home after she stays there. so what legal things could come up if her parents found out? both of them are good people, she's a sweet girl and he takes care of her and doesn't push bad things on her so I don't want them to end up getting in trouble

Question Love vs. Law

I'm 20 years old and my girlfriend is 17, last year (around june early july) we broke up. and after we broke up one of my girlfriend's friends who didn't really like me at the time, told my girl's father that the reason we broke up was that I hit her and held her down and all this other stuff, which isn't true. My girl(ex at the time) told her father multiple times that I never did those things but come a couple months later we got back together and he found out we had been hanging out and told her she's not allowed to be around me. However her mother lets us hang out occasionally behind her father's back and does not think that I hit her and if she does think that then she forgives me because she allows us to be around each other. Could I get in trouble for hanging out with her because of her father's view? someone has already basically said i'm a bad person for helping her go against her father but why does the opinion of him matter and not the mom's? and she's legal age of consent so does it even matter what he thinks, legally? I don't want to get in trouble by not knowing the facts but I also don't want to give up on someone I love and have been with for a year and a half now.

My friend's dad(more in depth)

So someone I know grew up with a dad who had a temper and would hit her or emotionally scar her. he'd call her names, push her, hit her, yell at her..and her mother didn't really do anything about it. they eventually moved up here to NC and it continued..he stopped hitting her around her being 14 in age and she's now 16. Even though the physical abuse stopped, he continued to yell at her and cuss her out for small things and make her not want to be at home because the preassure was so high on her and little things could set him or her older brother off who was abused by the dad as well and while the brother hasn't hit her he's threatned to many times and she's afraid of them. So she has a boyfriend and he's a bit older so she goes and stays at his place and finds comfort with him. Both of them are aware it's bad to do so but the girl doesn't like her home life and her boyfriend helps with her anxiety and other problems she's developed. Her parents do not know she stays at his house and while she is afraid of them, she also loves them and doesn't want the stress of getting emancipated or getting them into trouble as it is still her family and things have a t least improved over the years. how morally and also legally wrong is it for her to stay at her boyfriends house every once in a while when her parents think she's at a friends?

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    All of these seem to be essentially on the same topic- no reason for three different threads.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Citicop View Post
    All of these seem to be essentially on the same topic- no reason for three different threads.
    Yeah the "My friend's dad" ones are the same but one is just more detailed and i'm new on here so I just made it a seperate one, sorry if that's an inconvenience :/