Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    dragoreman is offline Junior Member dragoreman is on a distinguished road

Vin Check

I was looking for a Ford Mustang my Dad use to own he bought it brand new. Vin:1facp***********

I was hoping to find out who owns it to see if they would be interested in selling to me. If a police officer could get me the address, phone , or name I would be greatly appreciative.

I removed the VIN from your post- no officer is going to be able or willing to give you this information.

-Citciop.
    Last edited by Citicop; 02-07-17 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Edited out VIN number

Blackgoat06 is offline Veteran Member Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot Blackgoat06 posts a lot
    Verified LEO
    Try googling the VIN and see what you find.

No one here can give you that info, they will lose their jobs.
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot Kimble posts a lot
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackgoat06

No one here can give you that info, they will lose their jobs.
    As noted above, LE information databases can only be used for official business (i.e. we can't run random checks for anonymous people over the internet). In addition to losing their job, cops here in Alabama can also be charged with a felony violation of state statute for misuse of NCIC.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

L-1
    L-1 is offline Tired and grumpy L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot
    Verified LEO
    It's the same in California. We can get fired and go to jail if we use any of the database info for other than official use, and we get periodically audited to see if we are playing by the rules.

L-1
    L-1 is offline Tired and grumpy L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot L-1 posts a lot
    Verified LEO

Try Here

Disregard - bad link.

dragoreman is offline Junior Member dragoreman is on a distinguished road
    I've seen people find old cars through the vin number so I'm not sure how they do it unless they have access to information about the current registered owner.

Curt581 is offline You betta check my record Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot Curt581 posts a lot
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by dragoreman View Post
    I've seen people find old cars through the vin number so I'm not sure how they do it unless they have access to information about the current registered owner.
    Call those people and have them check your VIN. We can't do it.