Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    Annalise is offline Junior Member Annalise is on a distinguished road

Is this worth contacting the police?

Ten years ago an elderly man was murdered early one morning while he was waiting for a bus on his way to work. There were no witnesses nor could they find a motivation for the murder.
    I worked in a bookstore approximately eight blocks from where this occurred. A man used to come into the store a few times a week. I could tell that he was mentally ill and I felt kind of sorry for him. He never bought anything, he was after reference information pertaining to the various medications he was on. I worked evenings and we were hardly ever busy, so I spent a lot of time with him. He would always seek me out for help. One night when he was leaving he pointed to a John Grisham display of his newest release. Then he says "That's John Grisham's first non fiction book. I don't don't dare read that. I don't want any ideas in my head. I don't know what I'm capable of." It was either the next morning or the one after that the elderly man was beaten to death. The man who came in the store was a big guy, 6'3" probably and stocky build. I'm sure he could really do some damage. After that night I never saw him again even though I continued to work there five years longer.
    I think the odds are really low that it was him, but it keeps nagging at me.
    Antidepressants are horrible drugs for many people. One in eleven people in the US are on them at any given time, yet 79% of violence is done by those on them. He was on those and others.
    Is this really worth mentioning to the RCMP or will it just be annoying to them?

TEXASCOP is offline Crime Fighter TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot
    Verified LEO
    Yes go talk to RCMP, It might help.
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God -Matthew 5:9-

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    You stand to lose nothing by giving them the information you have.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Annalise is offline Junior Member Annalise is on a distinguished road

Thanks

Thanks for the input. I know what I am going to do now.

BD0883 is offline Senior Member BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future BD0883 has a brilliant future
    Verified LEO
    Yes it's worth it. It could be useful information to them.