Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    jya
    jya is offline Junior Member jya is on a distinguished road

Libel or Cyberharassment

Hello, if an ex cheated on me and I would like to make a website about him what are the things I can say about him that would not get me in trouble with the law for libel?
    He did take advantage of me and I know it would be best to tell the police and file an official rape report but these things are so hard to prove. But anyways, I would like to say that he took advantage of me, that doesn't necessarily imply rape does it?
    In any case, can I mention his name and then call him names or is that cyberbullying? This guy got me pregnant then left, can I mention that? I want people to specifically know who he is. In any case, I'm not going to publish any photos or anything, but am I still able to get into trouble for this? And if so how hard will it be for them to prove it was me?

Jim1348 is offline Veteran Member Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot Jim1348 posts a lot
    Verified LEO

Libel Or Cyberharassment

My advice is to just let it go and move on.

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    If you put this website up, you cannot stop him from suing you for slander/libel/defamation.

If what you write is true or clearly opinion, you will win that lawsuit.

Which does not keep you from having to go through the time and expense of defending yourself in court.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

TEXASCOP is offline Crime Fighter TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot TEXASCOP posts a lot
    Verified LEO
    You're just stirring the pot, forget about him and move on. I only see trouble if you make a website about him.
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God -Matthew 5:9-

jya
    jya is offline Junior Member jya is on a distinguished road
    Can I just put "In my opinion" in front of everything I say? lol

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot Citicop posts a lot
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jya View Post
    Can I just put "In my opinion" in front of everything I say? lol
    Yes.

But again, it won't prevent you from being sued.

Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.