Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    thisguy1323 is offline Junior Member thisguy1323 is on a distinguished road

Registered Sexual Offender being harassed by neighbor

First lets get my story out of the way. I am 31 yrs old, 10 years ago I was at a party and met two women and ended up going back home with them. I had sexual relations with both of them that night, come to find out they were both 17. I did 4 years at CRC, NorCo Ca, and I am currently registered on the Megans Law website. I have had no run ins with the PO during my 4 probation or with the police since my bad choice in 2003.

I have lived in the same apartment complex for the last 5 years.As of about 7 months agoI had a downstairs neighbor move in. He is directly under my apartment. I am constantly having the local police show up at my door for noise complaint. For the most part they, step inside look around and shake my hand and leave. More recently it has been more frequent, the police got called over the day I was setting up my christmas tree with my girlfriend, and with in a 7 day period I have had them over 3 times. (Thursday, Saturday, and this morning a little before 5 a.m as I am getting ready for work)

I am starting to feel unsafe in my own home. The last thing I want to do is go back to jail or have any other incidents with the police. I feel like I am being harassed and I am running out of options. I wish moving was an easy option but as with most people money is tight and I don't necessarily have the same options to move as the average people, takes a long time to find a landlord willing to rent to a sex offender.

I am looking for actual advice, what rights do I have to protect myself from this harassment? If he is using the megans law website to harass me how would I prove it? I have tried talking to him but he claims he only speaks arabic. Any help would be appreciated.

mobrien316 is offline Philosopher/Marksman mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute mobrien316 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Unfortunately, the police have to respond to citizen complaints. If the police get the idea this guy is fabricating stories to get them to respond, he will be dealt with. Much more common, however, is the hypersensitive person who calls the police every time they hear a noise from a neighbor, because they really believe (in their own mind) that the neighbor is being loud and rude.

In those cases, there the least they could do is respond to the call and listen for a while outside, without knocking on your door. If they don't hear anything they should be able to leave without speaking with you.
    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Fiat justitia, ruat coelum.

retdetsgt is offline Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    What would you go to jail for? Are you making noise when the neighbor calls?
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

For the most part I am not worried about going to jail over a noise complaint, but given my situation I do walk on egg shells. Thank you very much for your responses, it has put my mind more at ease.

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Talk to your landlord. See if he is complaining to him/her and if not, voice your concern. Tell him you have tried to meet with the man and dicuss the situation so you can figure out what you are doing that is bothering him, but he has ignored you. Tell him you want to make sure he understadns you are a good renter and not causing problems for him.

I would then keep a log of all the dates/times the police come and next time they show up, show them the log, explain the guy won't talk to you and apologize for them having to come out. You won't be in trouble with the police.
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

txinvestigator1 is offline what me, worry? txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    meh, nevermind

"Speed is fine, but accuracy is final" --Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Thank you very much. My log will now be started. I haven't heard anything from my landlord, although him and I don't chat often, he knows my situation and we have always been on good terms, I will give him a call.

TEXASCOP is offline Crime Fighter TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguy1323 View Post
    First lets get my story out of the way. I am 31 yrs old, 10 years ago I was at a party and met two women and ended up going back home with them. I had sexual relations with both of them that night, come to find out they were both 17. I did 4 years at CRC, NorCo Ca, and I am currently registered on the Megans Law website. I have had no run ins with the PO during my 4 probation or with the police since my bad choice in 2003.
    So you had consensual sex with two 17 year old girls on the same night and ended up sentenced to 4 years in the state pin? You were 21 and under the assumption that they were older than 18 at the time? I don't condone 21 year old's hooking up with 17 year old's but 4 years in the pin seems pretty harsh compared to the type of sentencing I have seen. The story doesn't add up but I'm not all that well versed in Californication. To you Cali Blue Brothers, is this a normal punishment for this type of crime?
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God -Matthew 5:9-

BJJVad is offline Say Car Ramrod! BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXASCOP View Post

So you had consensual sex with two 17 year old girls on the same night and ended up sentenced to 4 years in the state pin? You were 21 and under the assumption that they were older than 18 at the time? I don't condone 21 year old's hooking up with 17 year old's but 4 years in the pin seems pretty harsh compared to the type of sentencing I have seen. The story doesn't add up but I'm not all that well versed in Californication. To you Cali Blue Brothers, is this a normal punishment for this type of crime?
    He forgot to mention his priors..
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDirectly2Jail View Post
    So where ARE you from, you jackass? :rolleyes5:
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoate View Post
    Did you help him steal? I'm guessing not. So why help him deal with the consequences of his decision to steal.
    "Alright meow. Can I see your license and registration?"

I am not sure if you were trying to make a joke or not. However there are no priors but you know how the system goes. The state wanted to charge me with multiple offenses with possible max sentence of 25 years in prison or I could take the plea bargain with a max sentence of 4 years. Now remember I came into this forum asking for advice from men and women in which I respect, not to be mocked. If we could keep this professional it would greatly be appreciated.

Opps double post

BJJVad is offline Say Car Ramrod! BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute BJJVad has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by thisguy1323 View Post
    I am not sure if you were trying to make a joke or not. However there are no priors but you know how the system goes. The state wanted to charge me with multiple offenses with possible max sentence of 25 years in prison or I could take the plea bargain with a max sentence of 4 years. Now remember I came into this forum asking for advice from men and women in which I respect, not to be mocked. If we could keep this professional it would greatly be appreciated.
    Ok felon. Thanks for the tip. So how old were you when these two 17 y/o children solicited you..?
    Did you help him steal? I'm guessing not. So why help him deal with the consequences of his decision to steal.

As I said in my original post I was 10 years younger then I am today. I stated I am 31, so that would put me at 21 years of age when I made my bad choices. Did you have any other questions I can answer for you.

TEXASCOP is offline Crime Fighter TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I'm not mocking you, I don't have an understanding of the California statutes as opposed to Texas. Under Texas Law I don't think you committed a crime. I was questioning the story because here in Texas the victims would've needed to cooperate. How did the police find out in the first place? there are other variables that I don't feel like going into right now. It just feel like there is more to the story that I'm unaware of.
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God -Matthew 5:9-

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXASCOP View Post
    I'm not mocking you, I don't have an understanding of the California statutes as opposed to Texas. Under Texas Law I don't think you committed a crime. I was questioning the story because here in Texas the victims would've needed to cooperate. How did the police find out in the first place? there are other variables that I don't feel like going into right now. It just feel like there is more to the story that I'm unaware of.
    You can't see it, but I am pointing at my nose.

16. This ad will disappear if you login