Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    kmillz is offline Junior Member kmillz is on a distinguished road

Can I get a Criminal Justice job with a Georgia First Offender Plea on my record????

I have a degree in Criminal Justice and want to pursue a career in the field. Unfortunately I have a record. In 2008 I was placed under the Georgia First Offender Treatment with 3 years probation, the offense was Theft by taking. I completed my probation with no violations and in result I have no conviction due to the first offender plea in the state of Georgia. Here is the question What jobs if any would i be able to apply to with this on my record?

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by kmillz View Post
    I have a degree in Criminal Justice and want to pursue a career in the field. Unfortunately I have a record. In 2008 I was placed under the Georgia First Offender Treatment with 3 years probation, the offense was Theft by taking. I completed my probation with no violations and in result I have no conviction due to the first offender plea in the state of Georgia. Here is the question What jobs if any would i be able to apply to with this on my record?
    That's gonna hurt you.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    You stole something.....its a big deal because as a LEO, you tend to have an opportunity to be around lost of things of value (jewelry, cash, drugs, electronics, etc...) and even in folks homes or businesses when nobody else is there. An agency is likely to look at you as a liability.
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

4. This ad will disappear if you login