Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    BillMan09 is offline Junior Member BillMan09 is on a distinguished road

Juggalos - are they a gang, cult, and/or dangerous?

There are a few young individuals in my neighborhood who wear clothing related to the rock band ICP (Insane Clown Posse) and the red "Hatchet Man" logo. I've seen them make hand signs to one another and use strange terminology with which I am unfamiliar. They seem friendly enough, but I'm almost certain that they are using illegal narcotics such as marijuana and ecstasy.

Several locals have informed me that the group is a dangerous gang involved in drug trafficking (not just use), while others contend that they are a religious cult that performs rituals related to hoodoo (African-American folk magic) and Satanism. I've read a little bit about them online, and it appears that the FBI has classified them as a gang in a recent report, and I've come across numerous news articles documenting alleged Juggalo-related murders and assaults. On the other hand, many of the comments on these web sites claim that the group is like a "family" that just wants to listen to music.

Could any law enforcement officers shed light on this? Are the Juggalos dangerous, a gang, or a cult? Have you had any run-ins with this group?

ChesCopPodz is offline Verifier ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I've had plenty of run-ins with them. The ones around here definitely act like a gang, and since they prefer edged weapons, we've had a bunch of stabbings and cuttings.
    Pittsburgh Pirates- 1st place NL Central 7/15/11

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards wont get away this time

An amateur will train until they get it right. A professional will train until they can't get it wrong.

Have you heard anything regarding the occult aspects of this group? I can't find anything about it online, but a few people in my neighborhood are convinced that there's something to do with grave robbing.

About the edged weapons attacks, are they known to pick random victims, or do they usually commit violence against rival groups?

You said "the ones around here". Do Juggalos in different areas operate differently?

I'm just wondering whether these are just a bunch of drug-addled teenagers worrying the neighbors or if there's something more sinister going on.

And just to be clear, I'm not sure how true any of this Satanism/hoodoo stuff is. My neighbors tend to get excited pretty easily, and I don't want to jump to conclusions. They might just be a bunch of teenage punks, but that's why I'm asking.

CPL1897 is offline SWAT/PATROL "STUPERVISOR" CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    The way gangs USUALLY operate will be different in different parts of the country. There basic "goals" and "principles" will be the same however to accomplish these "goals" they will use different methods in different areas.

As for the "satanism" aspect. YES, there is documentation of "satanic" beliefs and practices or rituals, however as I stated above, just because the "gang" has been documented to practice "satanism" does not mean the gang in your area does this. The same goes for the "level" of criminal activity, just because the gang in one city sells dope, performs rituals and assaults people does not necessarily mean the gang in your city does this. The ones in your are could be more aggressive (dangerous) or less aggressive.

As for "random" attacks. Sure there are going to be "random" acts of violence in ANY area by a number of people (gangs, robbers, drug users).

My advice would be to try to stay in "safer" areas and be aware of your surroundings at the same time "minding your own business".
    "TO PROTECT THE SHEEP FROM THE WOLVES, YOU HAVE TO THINK AND ACT LIKE A WOLF"

ChesCopPodz is offline Verifier ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BillMan09 View Post
    Have you heard anything regarding the occult aspects of this group? I can't find anything about it online, but a few people in my neighborhood are convinced that there's something to do with grave robbing.

About the edged weapons attacks, are they known to pick random victims, or do they usually commit violence against rival groups?

You said "the ones around here". Do Juggalos in different areas operate differently?

I'm just wondering whether these are just a bunch of drug-addled teenagers worrying the neighbors or if there's something more sinister going on.
    I say around here because I haven't dealt with them anywhere else.

Members here have robbed 7-11's and random people by displaying knives and hatchets, and have assaulted members of other gangs as well.
    Pittsburgh Pirates- 1st place NL Central 7/15/11

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards wont get away this time

An amateur will train until they get it right. A professional will train until they can't get it wrong.

limeade is offline Veteran Member limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute limeade has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    They are just idiots... ICP is hillbilly rap and nothing more. In order for them to be a real gang imo they would have to associate with one another with the intention of committing crimes on a ongoing basis. Maybe in some areas thats the case, but I wouldn't consider Phish fans a gang and I'm sure some of those guys commit the occasional crime.

8. This ad will disappear if you login