Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    mpdcjock is offline D.C. Police Officer mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute mpdcjock has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

Best holster for Glock 26?

Hey,

I'm buying a Glock 26 soon for off-duty carry. What are the best holsters for it? All recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

CPL1897 is offline SWAT/PATROL "STUPERVISOR" CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Good question, but you will hate my answer. Get the holster you are most comfortable with and serves the best purpose. What type of clothing you wear, where you want it (small of back, inside wasteband, on a belt etc). And don't forget Department policy if there is one on the "safety" aspects of the holster. For example my department requires off duty carry be in a "secure" holster, attached to a belt etc with at least one safety process required to unholster (snap,thumb break etc.) Most of us "ignore" the requirement but I still recommend following protocall.

See if some LEOs will let you "test" whar they carry their G26 in, and see if you can find a LEO supply store that will let you "inspect" their holsters etc.

I carry a Springfield off duty, never owned a G26 but the LEOs I know prefer the new "StickyHolster". Yep, its actually called the STICKYHOLSTER.
    "TO PROTECT THE SHEEP FROM THE WOLVES, YOU HAVE TO THINK AND ACT LIKE A WOLF"

CPL1897 is offline SWAT/PATROL "STUPERVISOR" CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    One more thing, be sure to video you asking your buddies to "test" their "thunder ware" and post the video!
    "TO PROTECT THE SHEEP FROM THE WOLVES, YOU HAVE TO THINK AND ACT LIKE A WOLF"

scott715us is offline Sgt/DUI Inst/Juris Doctor scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    The Serpa's are ok for the G26. I have the G27. Due to the size of these guns most holsters will make them fairly concealable, even in a t-shirt. Like CPL said, I would encourage you to go try some out.

hutchins is offline Veteran Member hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute hutchins has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I have a Fobus paddle holster and I love it.
    1. Serve the public trust
    2. Protect the innocent
    3. Uphold the LAW

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Sorry Hutchins, but those things are junk. Why buy a $500 gun and then trust a $25 POS to retain it. Those things can be pulled apart in a heart-beat... not even considering how those rivet points wear out.

Anywho, I have had several holsters for my G27 and by far, the best thing I have come across is the comp-tac minotaur. As long as you don't mind inside the pants, it is amazing. It has all the benefits of kydex (doesn't collapse and is easy to reholster), while having the comfort of leather against the skin. It's even tuckable. Look here to see it.
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

txinvestigator1 is online now what me, worry? txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    I second the poopoo of the Fobus. I have found the most comfortable, for me, iwb holster is the Galco King Tuk. The are sold online AND in stores.
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final" --Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Wolfman is offline G-Man Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute Wolfman has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    If you're carrying off duty, and you don't have to have a retention strap for off duty carry, I would recommend the Bladetech IWB. I really like it (more detail in link).

REVIEW: Blade Tech Nano IWB Holster
    "Evil prospers when good men do nothing..."

More Useful FBI Information

Disclaimer: All views, opinions, and comments expressed in Wolfman's post are those of Wolfman and do not necessarily represent the views of the FBI, Department of Justice, U.S. Government, citizens of the United States, or people of the planet Earth.

grizzly212 is offline Junior Member grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute grizzly212 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I just started using a Raven Concealment Systems Phantom holster and I love it. Its extremely well made and modular, you can go from outside the waistband to inside the waistband carry by changing out two pieces in about 3 minutes. There is no retention however so definitely check with department SOP first.

10. This ad will disappear if you login