Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    12bd95 is offline Junior Member 12bd95 is on a distinguished road

Post Summary Disorderly Conduct in PA

Hello. I was hoping to get a few opinions on this situation.

I'm a minor (17). My boyfriend is an adult. We decided to take a walk in a section of a national park, since the rain let up for an hour.
    His back was sore, so his shirt was off as I had just given him a massage in the back of the car. Nothing I wouldn't do at a public pool. I had on a long skirt, skin-toned camisole and almost exactly skin-toned undergarment; unfortunately, as a park ranger pulled up, I had just noticed my cami was on inside out, and being one of the rare moral teenagers nowadays, had my boyfriend turn around while I fixed it.
    My first instinct was to reach up and shut the light off (yes, we had the light on. We didn't think we were doing anything wrong). As the ranger pulled up behind us, I scrambled to grab and zip up my sweatshirt in lieu of the cami since it would be more practical for standing outside in the rain.
    While we sat in the front waiting for the park ranger to get our information, I put on a tshirt as well, but did so without taking my sweatshirt off since the open car door made it cold. This was captured by a second ranger car, who the first had called in a minute or two after finding us.

I'm very aware that this whole situation looks extremely indecent, although it is very much innocent... and looking back, I guess that even having been caught in the midst of switching my shirt around is indecent. We got a citation for trespassing after hours (hours change pretty dramatically from one season to another. We failed to notice the sign on the way in- not gonna contest that), and a summary charge for Disorderly Conduct.

I'd prefer to pay the $200, get this whole ordeal over with, and expunge this once I turn 18 in 7 months. Parents want to go to court about the Disorderly Conduct. I'm concerned that if we do, the fact that the windshield was very foggy (it's been raining lately, so it steamed up fast even though we'd only been in there 10mins tops) will end up causing the jury to rule in the police's favor.
    If we do go, I have many character references.... I've been in my school's chastity program for years, was raised devout Catholic, have attended parochial school all my life.... this is the only thing I have ever gotten in trouble with the law for.
    I also feel like the ranger did us a bit of a favor in going for the Disorderly Conduct instead of Public Indecency.

Do I have to wait 5 years to expunge this, or cna I do so once I turn 18? Does this count as an arrest? We weren't finger printed, handcuffed, etc....

Thanks!

G35 Mass is offline Veteran Member G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute G35 Mass has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    That is the biggest crock of B.S. I've read all month long.... Your lies of fabrication are amazing

L-1
    L-1 is offline Tired and grumpy L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute L-1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Wouly you say that your state of dress (or undress) at that moment may have been interpreted as being physically offensive to others?

Blackgoat06 is offline Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I think it's seven years to expunge a summary, regardless of age. It is an arrest but it isn't an arrest. You are being charged with a crime but since it's a summary offense it's not something that shows up on a criminal record per se. Fingerprints are only taken in when the crime is a misdemeanor or greater with the only exception being a first offense retail theft (summary). Fingerprint submissions are usually how the criminal record is built and the only way a summary offense will show up is if it was charged in addition to a misdemeanor or higher offense.

PA is a very public state and it will show up on the magisterial docket website, which is a public court records website available to anyone. Even traffic citations show up on there.

I'm not sure non-LE employers even know about it rather than check it, but alot more people know about now than in the past.
    Last edited by Blackgoat06; 03-26-12 at 09:57 PM.
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 12bd95 View Post
    Hello. I was hoping to get a few opinions on this situation.

I'm a minor (17). My boyfriend is an adult. We decided to take a walk in a section of a national park, since the rain let up for an hour.
    His back was sore, so his shirt was off as I had just given him a massage in the back of the car.hmmm Nothing I wouldn't do at a public pool. I had on a long skirt, skin-toned camisole and almost exactly skin-toned undergarment; unfortunately, as a park ranger pulled up, I had just noticed my cami was on inside out, and being one of the rare moral teenagers nowadays, had my boyfriend turn around while I fixed it.ok, but why was it on inside out ?
    My first instinct was to reach up and shut the light off (yes, we had the light on. We didn't think we were doing anything wrong). but your instinct wanted you to attempt to conceal what you were doing from an authority figureAs the ranger pulled up behind us, I scrambled to grab and zip up my sweatshirt in lieu of the cami since it would be more practical for standing outside in the rain.hmmm
    While we sat in the front waiting for the park ranger to get our information, I put on a tshirt as well, but did so without taking my sweatshirt off since the open car door made it cold. This was captured by a second ranger car, who the first had called in a minute or two after finding us.

I'm very aware that this whole situation looks extremely indecent, although it is very much innocent... and looking back, I guess that even having been caught in the midst of switching my shirt around is indecent. We got a citation for trespassing after hours (hours change pretty dramatically from one season to another.Not day to day but season to season We failed to notice the sign on the way in- not gonna contest that), and a summary charge for Disorderly Conduct. It pays to read signs

I'd prefer to pay the $200, get this whole ordeal over with, and expunge this once I turn 18 in 7 months. Parents want to go to court about the Disorderly Conduct. I'm concerned that if we do, the fact that the windshield was very foggy (it's been raining lately, so it steamed up fast even though we'd only been in there 10mins tops) will end up causing the jury to rule in the police's favor.

There is no jury for summary citations in PA , all you would see is a District Justice.

If we do go, I have many character references....Character references aren't permitted in Summary Court. I've been in my school's chastity program for years,If this was true , then you wouldn't even have come close to getting in the " innocent " situation you found yourself in. was raised devout Catholic, have attended parochial school all my lifeI know some PK's that were pretty rowdy, being " devout" includes not being in compromising situations with your boyfriend in the woods..... this is the only thing I have ever gotten in trouble with the law for.

I also feel like the ranger did us a bit of a favor in going for the Disorderly Conduct instead of Public Indecency. Not to mention Trespassing

Do I have to wait 5 years to expunge this, or cna I do so once I turn 18? Does this count as an arrest? We weren't finger printed, handcuffed, etc....

Thanks!
    First of all it's a Summary offense. You didn't get fingerprinted or have your photo taken. Your arrest " file" will be at the Ranger HQ and nowhere else. Your record is restricted as a juvenile and would be very difficult for anyone to access EXCEPT through aopc.org.

As Greg mentioned , there is a public website that is a little tricky to use but you can look ANYONE up in PA and it will give their name and basic information out.

Getting a cite for DC is NOT the end of the world. I know officers who got cuted for underage drinking , trespass etc and later got hired as a Police Officer. This cite will not ruin your college or career plans.

Just practice being devout , work on your claims for modesty and your chastity claims. You aren't doing very well so far by all that you have described. Remember , it isn't what you think it looked like , it's what the actual appearance was. And I have found a LOT of people in " various states of undress" in over 25 years. Yours is nothing unusual. Your claims of innocence aren't working to well with veteran officers.
    Creeper Cop

Blackgoat06 is offline Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsap View Post
    And I have found a LOT of people in " various states of undress" in over 25 years. Yours is nothing unusual. Your claims of innocence aren't working to well with veteran officers.
    They seem to always be "just talking" too. I never realized until I became a cop how many men and women have conversations alone in cars in discreet areas while half-dressed or naked.

The point is OP even if you are telling the absolute truth the police get lied to way too much to ever believe a story like yours. There is just too much going on there that says otherwise.
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

7. This ad will disappear if you login