Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    truck31 is offline Junior Member truck31 is on a distinguished road

Sirens legal to have installed in vehicle?

Is it legal to have a siren installed on a vechicle but not to use it in florida?

Big Sexy is offline Most Diabolical Poster Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by truck31 View Post
    Is it legal to have a siren installed on a vechicle but not to use it in florida?
    Why would you go through the time & the expense of installing anything, much less a siren, you had no intention of using?
    BIG SEXY says - "When life hands you lemons, take those same lemons & smash them into lifes' ugly *** mugg!! That'll learn'em to give you lemons."

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Why not install a light bar but just don't hook it to power ?
    Creeper Cop

ET109 is online now Veteran Member ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute ET109 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    On the East Coast, shaking sand outta my boots...
    ...you're not a neighborhood watch 'captain', are you?

Seriously, what is with people? I don't know whether it's illegal to have one installed (maybe- sometimes its prohibited if accessible to the driver under the 'vehicle alarm' section), but it wasn't a month ago we had someone else come in here and whine about getting ticketed up the wazoo for sounding his alarm for like a second... don't remember if he was testing it or his leg hit it.

TEXASCOP is offline Crime Fighter TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute TEXASCOP has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    In Texas, its not technically illegal to have one on your vehicle, as long as you don't activate it while on a public roadway. Here is the kicker, when I stop people who have such items (IE- alternating lights or similar, sirens or other police paraphernalia) given they are not a first responder of some type. They always get cited for what ever piss ant traffic offense they committed and for whatever else I can add on like failing to update their address on their DL. I also document the items and attach it to the person's information through our data base. If you want to be a cop then go become a cop. Oh and if you are a security guard and try to use that as your excuse, you will only piss me off more. You may see the rare instance when I arrest someone for a traffic violation (other than speeding or open container). There is no reason at all for a security guard to have police lights or a siren on his personal vehicle. Your not going to conduct traffic stops and you will not get in any pursuits. I can understand a security company providing a vehicle similar to police cars with such items to help deter criminal activity. I have a bad taste in my mouth for people who have such items on their vehicle and are not any type of first responders. The first thing I think of is some rapist trying to pull over women.
    Last edited by TEXASCOP; 03-25-12 at 01:31 AM.

CPL1897 is offline SWAT/PATROL "STUPERVISOR" CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute CPL1897 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Everyone wants to "pretend" to be the POLICE....
    "TO PROTECT THE SHEEP FROM THE WOLVES, YOU HAVE TO THINK AND ACT LIKE A WOLF"

7. This ad will disappear if you login