Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jrenter is offline Junior Member jrenter is on a distinguished road

What does the taser feel like?

I know this sounds weird, but I've wanted to know what getting struck by a taser feels like. My cousin is in the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mountain Police) and she was telling me she had to have it done when she first began with them but just couldn't describe the pain. All she said was "50 000 volts of
    electricity baby. I cannot describe the pain!"

Norm357 is offline I'm too sexy for my shirt Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Ever been kicked in the nuts?
    "In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Sheriff, we are coming for you.

No, I am not an expert, but I am a fat guy who likes to eat.

http://www.aspca.org/images/content/...der/575925.jpg
    www.iCuban.com

Lawson is offline Corrections Officer Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
    Yeah. I was tased. For me, the short burst [5 seconds] of pain was worse than the OC I was hit with, which lasted for a couple days as it was constantly reactivated. But yeah, for me it felt like my muscles cramping in on themselves tighter and tighter until I just physically could not hold myself up anymore and was guided to the ground by 2 persons holding my arms. But it was weird, for as much as it hurt, the moment it was over the pain was gone, I was not stunned, or blacked out, or dazed. I did feel a slight "high" But i was told that was normal as your body regains its normal operating functions. I personally, would rather get sprayed than tased anyday.
    Officer Tina Griswold, EOW 11-29-2009

Rest in peace.

metallicat is offline Veteran Member metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    On one of my ride-alongs, this civilian woman was bugging the police officer to shoot me with the taser so she could see how it worked. I would have been up for it, but this woman was really pissing me off...I almost grabbed the cops taser and shot HER myself.
    Made In Canada

I'm digging my way to something better

Lawson is offline Corrections Officer Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
    Lol, man I would love to read that in the paper. Except possibly about the whole part of a civilian rider being shot after they attempted to disarm a cop :D
    Officer Tina Griswold, EOW 11-29-2009

Rest in peace.

Verified LEO
    Go to www.taser.com and click on the video tab and see what it is like!
    Rob
    End Every Day With No Regrets.

K9 Police is offline You Are Not Your Job K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute K9 Police has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L3
    Verified LEO
    Pretend to put your finger in a light socket. Its about that bad...

K9
    "The difference between the mile and the marathon is the difference between burning your fingers with a match and being slowly roasted over hot coals."
    -Hal Higdon-

"You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming." -Frank Shorter-

jrenter is offline Junior Member jrenter is on a distinguished road
    Norm357 - Well, since I'm a girl, I'd have to say no. :p

Haha! Thanks guys! I'll check out that site, too.

vbgecko is offline Banned vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future vbgecko has a brilliant future
    Expirence a little childbirth action ... Tazers will be no sweat *lol*

Somebody is offline Veteran Member Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute Somebody has a reputation beyond repute
    At my academy they had like 10 recruits hold hands, and attached one prong to each end of the chain... when they sent the voltage through, everyone stood and shook, no one could let go, lol. As soon as the shock was over, everyone fell straight to the ground. It was amusing =)

NorthCAL22 is offline Junior Member NorthCAL22
    Getting tased is not that bad. You feel a jolt go through your body and have no control over your muscles but it only lasts for a couple of seconds. I would take getting tased over OC any day.

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I Say, "Bring the OC on!"
    LOL
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

DeputyMadMax is offline Veteran Member DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute DeputyMadMax has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    It pulses 15 times per second. You feel EVERY one of those pulses. If you ever get the chance to take a shock, don't wear an underwire bra or rings on your fingers. One of our female officers was burned on her fingers and where the underwire was. Not a bad burn, but it left welts.

You know that tingleing pain you get that very second you hit your funny bone real hard? Imagine that same pain through your whole body, 15 times a second.
    "The answer to this last question will determine
    whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat
    or a dog?"

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I think the x26 brought it up to 19x a sec.
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

Hightower is offline GIT 'ER DONE!!!!!! Hightower is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchback
    I think the x26 brought it up to 19x a sec.
    It is only 19 pulses a second for the frist two seconds, then it goes down to 15 pulses/second for the final three seconds.

Hightower
    No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
    - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

16. This ad will disappear if you login