Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    frank101 is offline Junior Member frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts

Problems with stolen packages?

Someone I have been in contact for a few years sent to my home by mail last year
    several items, including shoes and car parts, and on January 18 this person scheduleda pick up with a delivery services company, I wrote an e-mail message to that personI could not be home for that pick up, but this person replied in an e-mail and really
    insisted it had to be picked on January 18 or "there will be a lot of problems", so I
    rushed to get everything ready to be picked up and left the boxes inside an unlocked utility cabinet and also I left a note to the delivery service company near the door
    bell to pick up the packages inside the utility cabinet and I had to leave my house
    again around noon on that same day, January 18.

When I got back home later in that day all the packages were gone and I thought
    they were picked up by the delivery services company, but on January 19 contacting
    them to confirm that everything was picked up and on way to be delivered they
    informed me they got to my house and because nobody was home they did not picked up those packages and I am afraid somebody else found the boxes inside the utility cabinet and stole everything, what would not be easy since the total weight of those packages was above 25 lbs.

I filed Friday, January 20 a Police Report for the missing / stolen packages, but I am
    really stressed out and worry about if there is something else that I need to do next and how to deal with this problem the best way possible according legal and police
    problems of stolen packages to be delivered and picked up from my house.

I am also now concerned this could be an Internet scam that took more than 3 years to become more and more suspicious since it started with a very slow process and my suspicious could be because those several items in different packages could be sent to my home address using stolen credit cards numbers to make purchases on-line and were sent to my home address to be scheduled a re-delivered more than 6 months the packages were received.

I just need more information what I need to do to start the process of investigation
    by the police.

icu650 is offline Veteran Member icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    How much have you been payed (all together) for allowing these items to come into your home? How much and for how long? Did you ever get to keep merchandise that you specifically requested?

Samuel is offline Fascist Samuel has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by frank101 View Post
    Someone I have been in contact for a few years sent to my home by mail last year
    several items, including shoes and car parts, and on January 18 this person scheduleda pick up with a delivery services company, I wrote an e-mail message to that personI could not be home for that pick up, but this person replied in an e-mail and really
    insisted it had to be picked on January 18 or "there will be a lot of problems", so I
    rushed to get everything ready to be picked up and left the boxes inside an unlocked utility cabinet and also I left a note to the delivery service company near the door
    bell to pick up the packages inside the utility cabinet and I had to leave my house
    again around noon on that same day, January 18.

When I got back home later in that day all the packages were gone and I thought
    they were picked up by the delivery services company, but on January 19 contacting
    them to confirm that everything was picked up and on way to be delivered they
    informed me they got to my house and because nobody was home they did not picked up those packages and I am afraid somebody else found the boxes inside the utility cabinet and stole everything, what would not be easy since the total weight of those packages was above 25 lbs.

I filed Friday, January 20 a Police Report for the missing / stolen packages, but I am
    really stressed out and worry about if there is something else that I need to do next and how to deal with this problem the best way possible according legal and police
    problems of stolen packages to be delivered and picked up from my house.

I am also now concerned this could be an Internet scam that took more than 3 years to become more and more suspicious since it started with a very slow process and my suspicious could be because those several items in different packages could be sent to my home address using stolen credit cards numbers to make purchases on-line and were sent to my home address to be scheduled a re-delivered more than 6 months the packages were received.

I just need more information what I need to do to start the process of investigation
    by the police
    You already started it by reporting the incident. And if those guys can make heads or tails out of whatever it is that's actually going on, they're better men/women than me!

frank101 is offline Junior Member frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts frank101 is infamous around these parts
    Deleted
    Last edited by frank101; 01-22-12 at 04:11 PM. Reason: delete

Quote Originally Posted by icu650 View Post
    How much have you been payed (all together) for allowing these items to come into your home? How much and for how long? Did you ever get to keep merchandise that you specifically requested?
    Since this possible Internet Scam started more than 3 years ago I DID NOT receive any kind of
    payment and I DID NOT pay for anything.

It started more then 3 years ago as a possible romantic relationship through the Internet and near
    2010 Christmas time this person asked for my home address to send a Christmas gift that I received in the mail and the value of that gift would be around $50

A few months after I received that gift without even asking for my permission this person started to send other more expensive items including car parts and mentioned hospitalization and a car
    accident with the need of car parts for repair and the need of my help to re-send those items by mail, but I started to get more suspicious the end of last year when it took more than 6 months for this person claim the scheduled delivery on January 18, 2012 and I searched a possible on-line scam and I found information that some people send items with stolen credit cards to someone else and than ask that person to delivery those packages in another location, usually outside the country, and from that moment on I started to be even more suspicious without knowing I got involved in this
    possible Internet scam.

DeltaV is offline Veteran Member DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    A possible romantic relationship that somehow came to involve shipping boxes with car parts and shoes? That should have sent up red flags.

Don't have anymore contact with this individual, and don't accept any other boxes left at your residence.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaV View Post
    A possible romantic relationship that somehow came to involve shipping boxes with car parts and shoes? That should have sent up red flags.

Don't have anymore contact with this individual, and don't accept any other boxes left at your residence.
    Because of the time of more than 3 years with the first contact with this person it was a
    process that used a lot of time to develop and only recently raised red flags when I found on-line
    information thieves use stolen credit card numbers to purchase items on-line and to be
    delivered to somebody else innocent of their stolen credit card purchases to be
    an intermediate to re-send those packages someplace else.

I wrote e-mails messages to this person that I will not accept new packages deliveries
    and I file a police report and after that police report message I did not receive any new messages from this person and I am just looking for more information how to report a possible Internet
    scam besides the stolen packages Police Report.
    Last edited by frank101; 01-22-12 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Is it possible to delete this thread completely or once post it can't be deleted and only edit?

DeltaV is offline Veteran Member DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO

marinepilot is offline Slippin' the surly bonds marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Is it possible to delete this thread completely or once post it can't be deleted and only edit?
    It is our policy at Real Police to not delete threads as a matter of course. If you feel your question has been answered sufficiently, then I could lock the thread so that no more posts may be made in this thread.

marinepilot
    "Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem." - Ronald Reagan

Sgt. Ervin Romans (OPD) - EOW March 21, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by marinepilot View Post
    It is our policy at Real Police to not delete threads as a matter of course. If you feel your question has been answered sufficiently, then I could lock the thread so that no more posts may be made in this thread.

marinepilot
    Thank you very much for this information and I feel my question HAS NOT been answered
    sufficiently and yesterday I file a complaint with The Internet Cyber Crime website and any further help and information how to deal with this kind of cyber crime since now the
    packages I unwanted received seems to be stolen and I am really concerned what I can do next to protect myself against in this situation explained above.

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I don't think we can do any more for you. None of us are paid to answer questions here. You have gotten yourself into a bit of a mess and we are not in a position to undo any of what you have done.
    Creeper Cop

icu650 is offline Veteran Member icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

Hmmm!

Because of the time of more than 3 years with the first contact with this person it was a
    process that used a lot of time to develop and only recently raised red flags when I found on-line
    information thieves use stolen credit card numbers to purchase items on-line and to be
    delivered to somebody else innocent of their stolen credit card purchases to be
    an intermediate to re-send those packages someplace else.
    I am trying not to be rude but I find it unbelievable that you had these kind of items shipped to your home over a period of three years and just recently figured out that this might be some type of illegal activity. Did someone involved in this just get arrested and the defecation hit the ventilation?

Samuel is offline Fascist Samuel has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Thank you very much for this information and I feel my question HAS NOT been answered
    sufficiently and yesterday I file a complaint with The Internet Cyber Crime website and any further help and information how to deal with this kind of cyber crime since now the
    packages I unwanted received seems to be stolen and I am really concerned what I can do next to protect myself against in this situation explained above.
    Ask a defense attorney...

retdetsgt is offline Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    It seems like I read about something like this 5 or 6 years ago. Yeah, it probably is stuff bought with stolen credit cards. If you made a police report, there isn't much else you can do. Except quit developing relationships over the Internet.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

16. This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast