Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : The Pacific

hutchins
03-12-10, 06:20 PM
I was a big fan of Band of Brothers and am looking forward to the Pacific sunday on HBO. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg are back as Executive Producers. Hope it's as good as Band of Brothers.

Maverick24
03-19-10, 11:56 AM
Its awesome so far. Filmed just like Band of Brothers, even has interviews with the real vets in the beggining. Cant wait for the next episode!

Creeker
03-19-10, 01:49 PM
Yes, a very fine show that everyone should see.

I recorded the first episode thus far onto my Windows Media Center, and if anyone knows how to tell me how to file share easily, I'd be happy to send it to them.

Sgt. Slaughter
03-19-10, 02:16 PM
You can transfer files through Yahoo! Messenger. I don't know what other software is capable of doing that, but I'm sure there are more.

It would take a while, though. I imagine the file's pretty big.

retdetsgt
03-19-10, 02:24 PM
There are some web sites that help you transfer large files. I can't remember their names, but my wife has used them.

The only thing in Band of Brothers that made me yell at the TV was when they walked in tight little groups and talked loud while on patrol.... Their technical advisors must have all been historians and not soldiers.....:skep:

Creeker
03-19-10, 11:23 PM
You can transfer files through Yahoo! Messenger. I don't know what other software is capable of doing that, but I'm sure there are more.

It would take a while, though. I imagine the file's pretty big.

I know with my Comcast email account there are limits as to how large a file can be, and I can't help but believe that Yahoo would be similar. I have a Yahoo account as well, but haven't used it to try to transfer any large photos, etc. Comcast will only allow about 3 large HQ photos at a time.

I know I'd run into legal trouble putting that on the traditional file sharing networks. I haven't used any of them for better than 5 years or so.

Adamantine
03-20-10, 12:49 PM
Gmail will let you transfer any size files. Its one of their marketing points! I would love to see this, Creeker! If you do not have a Gmail, either I can send you an invite to it, or someone else on here who has one can send you an invite. I use Gmail to send large files back and forth all the time, consisting of accounting software files, huge Excel files and PowerPoint presentations. Sometimes its the only way.

PM with your request if you are interested.

Creeker
03-20-10, 01:29 PM
PN incoming.