Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Photos: Marines into Afghanistan

CityOfChicago
07-14-09, 07:38 PM
Marines enter Afghanistan (http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2009/07/02/marines-pour-into-afghanistan/)

pafindr
07-14-09, 08:01 PM
Awesome pictures CoC thanks for posting

Norm357
07-14-09, 11:44 PM
Those are some amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Pookie44
07-15-09, 12:02 AM
Thanks for sharing...and thanks to ALL men, women, and dogs who have had the courage and honor to stand up for this beautiful country we proudly call America!

marinepilot
07-15-09, 01:01 AM
Those are some sincerely awesome pix, CoC, thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Definitely brings back memories, both good and bad....

Sgt. Slaughter
07-15-09, 01:21 AM
Friggin' sweet, bro.

Sarge got wood!

enforcer84
07-16-09, 07:42 PM
Thanks for sharing. I don't miss those dusty conditions.

Future_Dea
07-17-09, 01:29 PM
Semper Fi!! Cant wait for the marines hopefully I will be leaving by October!!

Reconciler
07-17-09, 02:25 PM
Thanks CoC...those were great. God Bless our MARINES!!

CTUCop
07-18-09, 06:34 AM
Great pictures- thanks for posting them.

I do have a question though. What are the patches on their shoulders? Last I knew the Corps hadn't started wearing unit patches. So, I'm assuming they are an infrared patch for identification purposes. I haven't kept up on the changes in the Corps uniforms. Back in the day, I wore the OD green utilities with the iron-on pocket emblem which kind of dates me, although we were transitioning to the cammie utilities as I was ending my enlistment. :p

Sgt. Slaughter
07-18-09, 01:36 PM
HA! You noticed the patches, I noticed an ACOG mounted on a M249 SAW! :D

I'll confess that I don't know what the patches are. When I was in, there were only red patches assigned to BLT (Battalion Landing Teams.) Those were all the guys that did the initial off-loading of equipment and logistical stuff where you got in-country.

I suspect you may be right in your assessment of an IR identification thingy.

manahmanah
07-18-09, 04:09 PM
They're not unit patches, The Corps still don't wear them. I think they are some kinda infra red thingy, I can't think of anything else they could be. They appear to be held on with velcro.

enforcer84
07-19-09, 01:26 AM
I'm going to say yes that those are IR patches. They are a lot bigger than the ones we have on our Army uniforms.

citcop
07-31-09, 08:12 AM
Seeing pictures like those just furthers my confusion about why we are sitting here in southern Iraq basically doing nothing while there is sooo much to be done in Afghanistan and sooo many ways we could be assisting there.

Btw CoC, I was just in your fine city earlier this month for a long weekend (last hoorah before flying to the sand box) and had a blast! Stayed at the W on Lakeshore, caught a Cubs game, a little fireworks cruise, great 80's hair band concert, MUCH beer .........good times. Deffinately going to plan another trip up there when I have more time.

CityOfChicago
07-31-09, 11:56 AM
Rock on! When you get back, PM me and I'll see if my wife can get you a deal at her hotel.