Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Hud oig

scarecrow
06-15-09, 01:04 AM
Does anyone know if HUD OIG 1811s have take home cars or any other info about the agency?

BP348
06-16-09, 05:29 AM
I couldn't tell you for sure but I don't think they have take home rides, I don't think many OIG's have take home rides.

That being said I've heard a lot of good things about HUD OIG but I've also heard that they are not doing a lot of the narcotics and prostitution stuff anymore (I don't know if that's true).

Another thing I've heard is it's very hard to get a spot with them.

FedEH
06-16-09, 07:34 AM
Yes we do. Have for years.

Joeyd6
06-16-09, 10:12 AM
Actually, most IG's have take home cars. There are very few that do not have take home cars. Department of Energy OIG, Small Business Administration OIG, and NASA OIG do not have take home cars.

But if your picking a job/agency based on if they have take home cars and what kind of guns they have, you are in the wrong line of work.

FedEH...if you are claiming to be a LEO, you need to get verified.
See: http://www.realpolice.net/forums/restricted-areas-supporting-members-96/14290-restricted-areas.html

Norm357
06-16-09, 11:11 PM
Yes we do. Have for years.

Welcome to the board.

FedEH
06-23-09, 12:23 PM
Thanks N357