Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

kkkk
03-09-09, 11:10 PM
Ok so I have a question. I hate being wrong on something so I thought I would ask someone on here to make sure that I am wrong. If you go to a DMV and try to get your State ID or something or your Drivers License and if you have a warrent for you in that state doesnt the DMV let ploice officers know?? Or do they just give it to you and send you on your way???? I would think they would let a officer know. Does anyone really know on that??? I had a DMV worker tell me they dont bother letting a cop know and that is not part of there job. If that is true its way wrong.

Legoate
03-09-09, 11:17 PM
Which state?

pac201
03-09-09, 11:40 PM
Which state?

pointing up and :D!!!

Plazoo
03-10-09, 02:04 AM
Here's an idea: Why not take care of the warrant then go and get your ID/driver's license, etc?

Blackgoat06
03-10-09, 02:06 AM
Here's an idea: Why not take care of the warrant then go and get your ID/driver's license, etc?

Now you're just talkin crazy talk...

kkkk
03-10-09, 04:21 AM
It would be Oregon?? I just wanted to know that is all. I dont have a warrent for me. For crying out loud am a EMT student. It was something we were talking about in class that is all

Jay7376
03-10-09, 07:46 AM
From what I understand, the only thing they can see when running a check on you is your driving status, nothing about active warrants.

At least in Michigan;)

Kimble
03-10-09, 09:46 AM
For crying out loud am a EMT student.
And we would know that (or even care) how? :rolleyes:

BP348
03-10-09, 10:57 AM

+1

I just wanted to know that is all. I dont have a warrent for me.

Yea we've never heard that before. Guys I have a FRIEND and he wants to know... :rolleyes:

Go take care of your warrant!!! You're going to need your DL in order to get a job as a EMT.

Johninaustin
03-10-09, 11:37 AM
In Texas we're very user friendly. Why there is even an officer stationed at the license office to handle all your warrant needs. :D

kkkk
03-10-09, 04:12 PM
Ok for one I do have my DL dumb ***. And for another I never said a friend. We were talking about it in Class and no one knew the answer. Then I heard about this site so I thought I would ask on here. And to be a EMT student they check you out before you even get in to that class. It was just a ****en question. For crying out loud. Dont you have anything better thing to do then to rag on people that just ask a question??? I guess not. My bad for even trying to ask this

GoDirectly2Jail
03-10-09, 06:03 PM
Hello, thin-skin. Welcome to the forum!