Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

Caprese
02-08-09, 06:28 PM
Good day. I work with the police/narcotics task force. I am not a cop.
I wasn't arrested for anything. I won't go into detail as to why I want to do this. I can't say it is a selfless act because I get paid $50 for a street buy and/or going into a house to purchase. If anyone wants to call me a snitch or a rat, it is okay. You're entitled to your opinion(s).

My contact officer wants me to go into a bar with an undercover officer without knowing any pertinent information about each other. Examples would be; How long have we been dating? Where did we meet? Birthdays and including zodiac signs? Siblings and what they do, where they live, their ages, their names. Parents alive? Divorced? Pets? Where did each of us grow up? What schools did we go to, etc. The list goes on. I am not saying we should sound as though we "rehe****d" everything but I strongly feel that these are things that couples should and would know about each other. It would be wise to even know something so simple as to what his dog looks like and what his name is. You want to be convincing to the other people. My contact officer is very intelligent but, and I mean no disrespect here, why would he be so careless about something like this? It is so easy to be tripped up by someone. I would walk into this bar and act as though every single person was hearing my every word and watching my every move especially body language in this case. Am I right or do you really really think it is wise to go into this "bar scene scenario" not knowing anything about the other person and just improvising?

I did already talk to my contact officer about this and he said that I was reading too much into it.

Also, I know I can refuse to do this but since I am registered, can I quit at anytime?
Can I go work for someone else instead?

The officer is in charge of the entire county so he would probably find out anyway but I just would like to know if I can do this. Quit and work with different officers. I don't want to offend this officer but he is being careless and not taking everything into consideration. I feel that this "op" if you will, is going to be blown to peices because of how he wants it handled.

Thanks very much.

Group9
02-08-09, 06:47 PM
You certainly sound like the nightmare CI.

In undercover operations, things are often done a certain way, for really good reasons, that we don't necessarily feel compelled to explain to every informant we use.

If you can't work with the undercover program as it run, you should just do everyone a favor and go do something else.

retdetsgt
02-08-09, 07:34 PM
If you're not working off a beef, then quit. If you're doing it for the money, you can walk away anytime you like.

timberwulf
02-08-09, 09:36 PM
Just follow his lead. If you're uncomfortable working with him, quit. Most officers don't want their CIs jumping around from officer to officer.

Caprese
02-09-09, 12:05 AM
Just follow his lead. If you're uncomfortable working with him, quit. Most officers don't want their CIs jumping around from officer to officer.

Thanks very much for your reply. I think you're right about "jumping around" but good to know quiting is an option as much as I don't want to do either or. Just this one case doesn't make sense to me. As far as feeling comfortable, that's just it. If there's NO information exchanged or any prep beforehand, I just don't see that as good planning. We're going to be "socializing" with other people so you don't want any surprises when casual questions inevitably come up. But they are the pros. Who knows? Maybe they're just testing or checking to see how I'd be in a situation like that for now. But just tough to follow someone's lead if we don't know something, anything, about the other even if it's false info on the officer's part for his protection. Thanks very much again. I do appreciate it.

Creeker
02-09-09, 01:53 AM
Tv stories are just fantasy.

Stop believing Fantasyworld... or visit Mickey, but leave the Law Enforcing to people who are professionals, there "Serpico".

Caprese
02-09-09, 05:32 AM
Tv stories are just fantasy.

Stop believing Fantasyworld... or visit Mickey, but leave the Law Enforcing to people who are professionals, there "Serpico".

Naaaah. Not fantasy world by far.
They're Serpico? Not when someone you know walks in or is already there at the bar. You have to be prepared somewhat. It's actually pretty ridiculous. Since this already happened 14 times, it's just no good. Something's wrong. Not Mickey, boy of la mancha. It is REALITY.

nate1
02-09-09, 06:40 AM
Naaaah. Not fantasy world by far.
They're Serpico? Not when someone you know walks in or is already there at the bar. You have to be prepared somewhat. It's actually pretty ridiculous. Since this already happened 14 times, it's just no good. Something's wrong. Not Mickey, boy of la mancha. It is REALITY.

Right.....because all CI's work out of the kindness of their heart...:rolleyes:

Caprese
02-09-09, 07:32 AM
Right.....because all CI's work out of the kindness of their heart...:rolleyes:
Hi Nate, Yes that is definitely what most people think. Altruism? Maybe 90% of the people that are CI's are doing because they're looking for leniency or to hopefully get a reduced charge. I have only one offense. Dwai in November of 1997. I've never been arrested since. I have a cousin who is a Leutenant. Uncle served many many years but unfortunately he passed. When I was arrested in November of '97 I didn't mention my relatives names or friends that I grew up with for that matter. Chiefs, Captains, Detectives, etc. I didn't mention names. There is a very very good reason why I choose to do this but it is definitely not to work off any charges. And I am not looking to hurt anyone either. No revenge here, No ex-boyfriends, no crime committed here. Trying to mention just about everything because I know now some of these insinuations are coming my way.
Thanks

Group9
02-09-09, 07:47 AM
I just wish we knew who you were working with so we could call them up and warn them.

Again, if you can't or won't, operate the way they are instructing you to, do everyone a favor and quit. You are not an actor in a soap opera.

If you are working off a beef, which I strongly suspect, you better get your *** straightened out before they quit calling you, and your attorney is then having to call them up, wanting to know why.

Nobody needs drama queens, instant UC experts, or self taught secret agents.

Caprese
02-09-09, 08:39 AM
I just wish we knew who you were working with so we could call them up and warn them.

Again, if you can't or won't, operate the way they are instructing you to, do everyone a favor and quit. You are not an actor in a soap opera.

If you are working off a beef, which I strongly suspect, you better get your *** straightened out before they quit calling you, and your attorney is then having to call them up, wanting to know why.

Nobody needs drama queens, instant UC experts, or self taught secret agents.

I wasn't arrested for anything. It says that in my question. I'm not a drama queen nor do I feel I am an expert. There would be no reason whatsoever to "warn them". I'm not sure if you've read everything. What makes you think I would do anything to hurt them? 43 arrests that I've led them to isn't bad. I asked a question or two but they're not really being answered. A couple of people helped me out so far. Feel free to ask me anything please because you're under the wrong impression. I just think this is going to be a train wreck going somewhere and trying to make it seem like you are a couple when that's obviously not going to happen. There would be acting involved in this case. On my part as well as the officer's. I don't have an attorney. I don't need one. Your suspicions are wrong.
Thanks anyways

Group9
02-09-09, 09:03 AM
Well, since I see you decided to ask me the same thing in the forum, that I just answered in your PM, I will give it to you again.

"I've been running informants for over twenty years. You are a nut job. I know your type. You will cause problems for people. I'm sorry, but you asked."

Caprese
02-09-09, 09:04 AM
Just on a final note cause I see where this is going. There are a lot of horror stories out there. CI's set up the officers to get shot. CI's steal while working with the cops. They do drugs. They do many many things that most of you know. I am not one of those CI's. I have a good proven track record.

You have corrupt cops. You have cops that steal, cheat, lie, beat up, and murder. I would never say that this applies to all cops. Similar. Just the same, why stereotype? I'm not judging any of you. Some of you seem to be judging me. I'm sorry if you've had bad experiences with or without the help of CI's. Too bad I couldn't prove myself to you because I would. Trouble is when someone DOES judge me or does not trust me, it causes a ricochet effect. I wouldn't know if I could in turn trust you and I would be inclined to judge you too.

Leading them to 43 arrests so far, most in which I was not paid, isn't bad. Thanks again.

Group9
02-09-09, 09:13 AM
Just on a final note cause I see where this is going. There are a lot of horror stories out there. CI's set up the officers to get shot. CI's steal while working with the cops. They do drugs. They do many many things that most of you know. I am not one of those CI's. I have a good proven track record.

You have corrupt cops. You have cops that steal, cheat, lie, beat up, and murder. I would never say that this applies to all cops. Similar. Just the same, why stereotype? I'm not judging any of you. Some of you seem to be judging me. I'm sorry if you've had bad experiences with or without the help of CI's. Too bad I couldn't prove myself to you because I would. Trouble is when someone DOES judge me or does not trust me, it causes a ricochet effect. I wouldn't know if I could in turn trust you and I would be inclined to judge you too.

Leading them to 43 arrests so far, most in which I was not paid, isn't bad. Thanks again.

Try this. Print out all of these responses, including the PM's and go show them to them to your controlling agent. You will give him a heart attack.

Group9
02-09-09, 09:50 AM
Please don't send me any more PM's, Caprese. I really don't have any more to say, and you aren't really listening anyway.

I'll just end this by saying, good luck. I think you're going to need it.

retdetsgt
02-09-09, 12:04 PM
I'll just end this by saying, good luck. I think you're going to need it.

Ho Boy! +1

I wonder if it was easier before they had cop shows.....:confused:

Cat_Doc
02-09-09, 01:26 PM
Sam's CLICK.

Caprese
02-09-09, 05:12 PM
Ho Boy! +1

I wonder if it was easier before they had cop shows.....:confused:

Thanks for the laugh retdet!!

As far as the cop shows, maybe I'd learn something if I watched them. I don't.

Thanks and smiles at ya!

Caprese
02-09-09, 05:39 PM
More abuse welcome. I can take it. I grew up with a lot of older brothers. But all kidding aside, I would be devastated if anything happened to any of these guys, including the woman. No need to worry so much.
Thanks.

Roger Dat
02-09-09, 05:44 PM
I think your lying. Case closed. I will not give you anymore of the attention you crave.

retdetsgt
02-09-09, 09:04 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/jimbellah/untitled-1.jpg

Caprese
02-10-09, 10:26 PM
I think your lying. Case closed. I will not give you anymore of the attention you crave.

No RogerDat, I'm not craving attention at all. I am not lying either. It really is a question I do have. I just don't think anyone should go into a situation with blind folds on. Not trying to upset or annoy anyone. If that's the case, I do apologize and they can just ignore the post if they want. Really don't mean any harm here nor am I looking for attention of any kind. As far as drama? I hate drama. Have 0 patience for it.
Thanks for your input anyways.

Creeker
02-11-09, 05:32 AM
You don't do anything that requires knowing your ... for lack of a better phrase and to play into your fantasy... "Handler".

You aren't on any "Deep Cover" assignment, and many "dates" these days are pretty informal affairs to start with.

The bottom line is that if you don't think you like the ground rules and the way you are working already, unless you are working out a beef (of which 9.75 out of 10 ARE) your only option is to quit.

Coming to a LEO Forum was a waste of your (and our) time.

With that, I bid thee "Sam's CLICK" as well... :cool: