Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Customs Border Patrol Math Test

davejoyce2000
01-27-09, 10:52 PM
I have the greatest difficulty in answering the math section of the customs border patrol test. I don't know where to get help to learn how to solve more of those match questions. How do you folks prepare and study for the math section of the test? Can you please recommend a study guide that will help me tackle the math questions?

chewy
01-27-09, 11:59 PM
Is this the Border Patrol exam or Customs & Border Protection Officer?

Isn't there a study guide on the CBP website?

BP348
01-28-09, 12:10 AM
Any good book store will have the USBP study guide.

UCFknight
01-28-09, 10:47 AM
It is for CBP officer test. I just took the test on 12/09/08, the math section was really hard and everyone I talked to at the test site said they had a hard time with it and did not have enough time to finish. I would just recommend you use the study guides provided from the CBP website and just do you best and you will do fine. I know I did not do well on the math section and I ended up with an 88 (with no vet pref). Just study as much as you can and you will be fine.

Diggy
01-28-09, 11:16 AM
I recommend the TEA exam study guide.

Kyn
01-28-09, 11:27 AM
Get the "Master the Treasury Enforcement Agent Exam, 11th Edition" by ARCO

Costs between $15-$20 (I think amazon has it for $13.84)

This book was recommended to me by several members on this forum (Maverick in particular).

It has a wide spectrum of questions; ranging from easy to difficult. I used this when studying for my USSS exam and it helped me pass. I highly recommend it. :)

davejoyce2000
01-28-09, 04:25 PM
It is the Math section for the Customs & Border Protection Officer. Are there any other alternative study guides beside the one that is available for download from the Customs website? I have taken the test twice now and have failed them all. I really want to be well prepared and score well on the test this time.

Is this the Border Patrol exam or Customs & Border Protection Officer?

Isn't there a study guide on the CBP website?

Kyn
01-28-09, 04:57 PM
davejoyce2000,

Trying hard to not sound like an *** but, did you not read any of the other posts (especially mine)? Just gave you the Holy Grail to passing the math part...

glockpacker
01-28-09, 05:16 PM
I agree the "Master the Treasury Enforcement Agent Exam, 11th Edition by ARCO" got me past the math portion of the ICE SA exam. And don't forget your local library - you can often go pick up a copy tonight for FREE. That is where I get all my study aids. You pay taxes (I assume) so you should tap that resource.