Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Georgia P.O.S.T. Entrance Exam

wnttobegapo
12-14-08, 06:13 PM
Is the P.O.S.T. exam that i can take in Atlanta for Correctional Officer the same as P.O.S.T. exam for police officer.if so how long is it good for?

ngcsubutterbar
12-14-08, 11:44 PM
moving this to a better forum than chat help.

I have never had anything to do with the Atlanta area, others would be more helpful. You may want to clarify though. Do you mean taking APD's test, the GA POST jailers test, the GA POST Basic Peace Officer's test, or something else?

It's been a couple years, but if I remember right, your GA POST Peace Officer certification exam is good for 18 months (to get hired and truly certified) before you have to take the whole course over again. The GA POST Jailers certification and test used to be an entirely different animal and they were not the same. I had heard rumors of the jail test not being given anymore, but I know nothing about it.