Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : driving question

ultramike
01-03-08, 11:53 PM
Howdy. I am having surgery on my shoulder soon and I will be required to have my arm in a sling for 3-4 weeks post surgery. Is there anything unlawful about driving with one arm immobilized in a sling? Could it be considered reckless driving, even if you are not breaking any traffic laws such as speeding etc.? obviously I would only drive if i have stopped taking any prescription pain medications.
thanks

txinvestigator1
01-03-08, 11:54 PM
Howdy. I am having surgery on my shoulder soon and I will be required to have my arm in a sling for 3-4 weeks post surgery. Is there anything unlawful about driving with one arm immobilized in a sling? Could it be considered reckless driving, even if you are not breaking any traffic laws such as speeding etc.? obviously I would only drive if i have stopped taking any prescription pain medications.
thanks

Not at all.

Darin
01-04-08, 12:13 AM
Unless it affects you maintaining proper control of your vehicle then no.

Rabbit23
01-04-08, 10:02 AM
Not that it's the same, but I had a friend in high school that rode a motorcycle after having an arm amputated. He was a much better rider than most others.