Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Binoculars

DS Michelle
10-07-07, 04:35 AM
I am looking to purchase a pair of binoculars to be used for surveillance. I need suggestions on a good pair that is not too expensive. I was looking on several websites and saw price ranges from $10- $1300 :eek: I just need them to be able to see possible hand to hands....nothing fancy or too high-tech :rolleyes:

Lost Texan
10-07-07, 09:51 PM
Check out Fujinon, you can pick up a set on ebay for about $250-275. They are as close to Zeiss and Leica that you can get without spending 4 times as much. They also offer LE prices direct, but they tend to be more that what I have seen on ebay. They have great glass and are very durable.

LT

DS Michelle
10-08-07, 11:04 AM
$250-275? :eek: I am on a cop's salary.....I'm looking more in the $30-50 range. Thanks for the suggestion of checking out Ebay :)

Lost Texan
10-10-07, 09:09 PM
Hit the pawn shops, I have a couple of sets of Fujinons, the last one purchased for $60.00. They were used, but are great. I also bought a set of Nikon 10x42 roof prisms for $75.00. Don't buy a new $30.00 set, if you use them a lot you will end up with headaches. A good set will last for many years and are worth the investment.

LT

Hockey9019
10-21-07, 10:36 AM
Check this out

http://www.interstatesupply.com/cgi-bin/iss.pl?category=BINOCULARS