Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Legality question

omega3
09-26-07, 08:10 PM
I am probably going to have surgery on my left shoulder in a couple of months and have a question, in particularly for a LEO in Oklahoma. After my surgery I will have to keep my left arm immobilized for 3 to 4 weeks in a sling. So my question is, is it legal to drive with one arm in a sling? thanks for any replies.

Creeker
09-26-07, 08:16 PM
I am probably going to have surgery on my left shoulder in a couple of months and have a question, in particularly for a LEO in Oklahoma. After my surgery I will have to keep my left arm immobilized for 3 to 4 weeks in a sling. So my question is, is it legal to drive with one arm in a sling? thanks for any replies.

It is legal for deaf people to drive... but I wouldn't recommend one armed people to do handstands, climb ladders, juggle or drive. I am sure it can be done, but not really well.

If it were made illegal, the ADA would have snit fits.

Rabbit23
09-26-07, 08:53 PM
I had a friend in high school that used to ride a motorcycle with only one arm. He was a great rider and never had any issues.