Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Laser Sights legal in texas?

pfcdonut
07-10-07, 01:59 PM
A friend of mine who has a chl was pulled over then questioned about his laser sight they said the only reason he didnt get in trouble over it was because the gun came from the factory that way.?

txinvestigator1
07-10-07, 04:54 PM
A friend of mine who has a chl was pulled over then questioned about his laser sight they said the only reason he didnt get in trouble over it was because the gun came from the factory that way.?

Who is "they"? What kind of "trouble" could he have been in? A time out?:p

There is no law in Texas regarding laser sights.

pfcdonut
07-10-07, 07:18 PM
i am asking this second hand and dont know what type of trouble was implied. They were a Police Officer in Denton County.

Billiardnut
07-11-07, 11:18 PM
dont shine "lasers" in a person's eyes :rolleyes:

TX-LEO
07-12-07, 12:53 AM
Why did the laser get seen in the first place?

Not getting complete story here.

It's a class-C to point a laser at a security guard of Peace Officer. If the gun is attached to it, then it's deadly conduct.

pfcdonut
07-12-07, 03:45 AM
my guess is he told the cop he had a gun in the car like he was told to do if he gets pulled over that is the only real bit of the story i was told. I was just curious because he told me that and that sounded strange to me. Since i have seen laser sights at wal mart and i assume that an illiegal item wouldnt be sold at wal mart

TX-LEO
07-12-07, 02:41 PM
my guess is he told the cop he had a gun in the car like he was told to do if he gets pulled over that is the only real bit of the story i was told. I was just curious because he told me that and that sounded strange to me. Since i have seen laser sights at wal mart and i assume that an illiegal item wouldnt be sold at wal mart

They are legal.