Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : NSA Police

Fish2427
06-04-07, 03:44 PM
I am wondering if anyone on here is a NSA Police Officer?
I am currently in the process of getting hired and have been trying to get information but am not really successful. If there is someone on here that I could chat with offline that would be great my E-Mail is [probably best to not put a government email address on a public forum -Moderators]
The info I got says its a pretty dull job, but I am a Security Forces Member in the Air Force, so I am used to not having much happen. I am just tired of deploying and am trying to get in with a Federal Agency. The NSA looks like it has a good salary, benefits, and chance for advancement. I am just trying to get as much info as I can so I know exactly what I am getting into. If there is anyone there let me know and I will ask more specific questions.

Piggy
06-05-07, 08:23 PM
If that doesn't work try the VA Police, they'll hire you on in about 171 different places on around the US and they're always hiring.

SSA1811
06-05-07, 11:07 PM
Hi Fish2427,

I cannot help you with your job search, but I can provide some strong advice: "Never, never, never, never, never give out, or put your e-mail address on a public forum."

Check out the OPM website for Federal government job openings if you haven't already.

Fish2427
06-06-07, 02:33 PM
Is this just some really small Security Force or what? I've looked at every post on hear and there is only 1 thing on the NSA Police and its only hear say. The Pentagon Police, Park Police, etc...all have some good info about them, but nothing on these guys.

SSA1811
06-06-07, 03:17 PM
Fish2427: There is an old saying, "Google is your friend!". You are going to have to hone and develop your internet search skills. I searched on, "NSA Uniformed Security", and here are a couple of "hits" (I'm not allowed to post hyperlinks or URL's so you'll have to put the http: in front of each link yourself):

//hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/jobsearch/job_detail.html?TEMPLATE=/htdocs/job-show.html&job_id=J053394EO

//jobs.collegegrad.com/Jobs/i/jp11408033/Job-Search/Fort-Meade-MD/National-Security-Agency/NSA-Police.htm?src=JobDir

EJV
06-06-07, 04:16 PM
Hi Fish2427,

I cannot help you with your job search, but I can provide some strong advice: "Never, never, never, never, never give out, or put your e-mail address on a public forum."

I second that. If you do give an email, don't give your af.mil address. You are familiar with the Global, yes? I now have access to way too much information about you.

toughjerseyguy
06-09-07, 06:53 PM
deleted.....

steve1568
06-10-07, 02:23 PM
Half of my academy class in FLETC was NSA Police, they provide more of a force protection / security force role than a true police role, however I must say this is the common job description for most of the federal police units. If you are looking towards a federal police job you could always look towards USSS UD, US Capital Police, FBI Police, Pentagon Force Protection and the VA Police, most of these agencies hire on a pretty regular basis. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Sierra
06-10-07, 09:11 PM
"FBI Police! Don't move!"

"Well, which are you?"

"What are you talking about? FBI Police, don't move!"

"Which are you, FBI or police?"

"I just told you, FBI Police!"

"You can't be both. You are either FBI or police."

BANG, BANG, BANG! <Suspect falls to the ground mortally wounded>

"Shouldn't have made fun of me. I hate that."

davejoyce2000
06-11-07, 06:40 PM
NSA Police are not really police in the traditional sense. They are security guards with a Police patch on their uniform. They do nothing but sit post and check building passes.

Do any NSA police carry a gun?

Diggy
06-11-07, 08:17 PM
Guns??? They protect national security with stern verbal warnings.

SSA1811
06-11-07, 10:27 PM
steve1568 is providing you with a fairly accurate description of the duties that virtually all Federal uniformed police perform:

….. they provide more of a force protection / security force role than a true police role, however I must say this is the common job description for most of the federal police units.
Also, do not overlook the Federal Protective Service. The FPS used to be part of GSA but are now under Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Plus they are located all around the country, rather than just being centralized in the D.C., Virginia, Maryland area.

Regarding the NSA Police, the following was copied from NSA’s website located at:
http://www.nsa.gov/careers/careers_6.cfm?#ot1pol

NSA Police Officers Receive a $3,000 Milestone Recruitment Incentive *

“Help protect those who keep our Nation safe with a career in Security at NSA. NSA has an ongoing requirement for personnel to serve as NSA Police Officers on its complexes in and around Fort Meade, Maryland. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for these positions offering exceptional training and the opportunity to serve your country as an employee of one of the most unique and respected agencies in the Federal government.
Security professionals with NSA perform functions in support of NSA's mission, assets, personnel, and facilities. Primary responsibilities include:
• Counter-terrorism and force protection
• Asset protection
• Pedestrian and vehicular access control
• Response and mitigation of security, medical, and fire emergencies
• Critical incident management
• Enforcement of laws and regulations relative to the protection of NSA assets
• Vehicle, facility, and material security inspections
• Firearms training and range management
• Patrol of NSA property

* All new hires to the NSA Police will receive a $3,000 milestone recruitment incentive, awarded in two payments of $1,500 - the first upon successful completion of training, and the second after 11 months of employment.”

davejoyce2000
06-11-07, 10:37 PM
" • Firearms training and range management"

What is the Firearms training and range management for? A previous post mentioned they have a sew on badge and don't carry a gun:confused:

SSA1811
06-11-07, 11:07 PM
Hi davejoyce2000,

Although there may have been a lot of sarcastic humor, not one of the replies said the NSA Police "....don't carry a gun".

The closest may have been Diggy's remark:

Guns??? They protect national security with stern verbal warnings.
As an LEO, or potential LEO, you have to report just the facts. If you are inferring an opinion or personal judgement, make certain that that is clear and state that up front, e.g., "In my opinion, Diggy's comment implies (NSA Police) do not carry guns.". But, Diggy did not explicitly state that, nor did anyone else.

Just a caution on the importance of accuracy and objectivity. My apologies if I appear to be preaching but it is important.

Fish2427
06-12-07, 12:13 PM
You are still a Federal Officer regardless of where your juristication is. I was at the NSA for the processing and they have some nice toys. They carry a standard 9M Beretta, and shotgun. Some patrols are also equiped with fully automatic weapons and assault rifles. They drive H2 Hummers, because they are cheaper then the Military Verson...Thats luxery! You are also allowed to carry a personnel weapon off duty.

steve1568
06-12-07, 03:39 PM
Davejoyce2000, if this is the post you were referring to then you were sadly misguided.

NSA Police are not really police in the traditional sense. They are security guards with a Police patch on their uniform. They do nothing but sit post and check building passes.

The forum lists people who are actual LEOs as "verified", these are folks that you can actually put some trust in the information they provide becasue they are ACTUALLY working the job. Just like anything in law enforcement, you have to process all the information out there, determine the credibility and then decide how you are going to use that information. This forum is an excellent tool for gathering information, its up to user to process it.

Norm357
06-12-07, 03:47 PM
The NSA Police carry real guns with real bullets with real badges. They do a little more than guard gates and check passes. The person that posted that is an idiot.

MDEMT280
06-13-07, 05:27 PM
Davejoyce2000, if this is the post you were referring to then you were sadly misguided.

Yep. If you refer to the user's post history, he/she seems to come around every year or so, spout off ignorant opinions, get threads locked, and then disappear. Now he's taken the diarrhea of the mouth to PMs with me as well. :rolleyes:

Maybe a MOD could actually verify the claims in this person's profile that he/she is indeed a LEO? Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe we've just got a TROLL and an impersonator on our hands.