Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : knife age limit

rsgOHIO
03-26-07, 01:21 PM
Is there an age limit for purchasing a pocket knife or fixed blade knife?
Is there a size restriction?

Whitebear
03-26-07, 01:55 PM
why would you buy a knife? self protection? if it is forget it...

i don't think that you have good reason to havea knife...

txinvestigator1
03-26-07, 03:45 PM
Is there an age limit for purchasing a pocket knife or fixed blade knife?
Is there a size restriction?

It depends upon the State in which you reside.

vengeance05
03-26-07, 04:23 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/horrorkitty/The%20Cloven%20Bunny/not-this-again.jpg

Movementarian
03-26-07, 06:23 PM
I am assuming that you are from Ohio using my honed detecting skills so this will help you: http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/oh.txt

Seriously, why do you need a knife? If it is for self defence then listen to Whitebear, he is a wise man.

rsgOHIO
03-27-07, 10:35 AM
Yes I am from Ohio, The reason why I ask is that I have a sproting goods store where we sell pocket knives. We have hunting and fishing supplies and when you hunt and fish you need a knife. We have customers of all ages and I want to make sure that I do not sell someone a pocket knife that is not old enough. I know my customer have to be at least 16 years old to buy a pocket knife. I also know that they have to be 18 years old to buy a pocket knife of a certain length. I am not sure of what length. At least that is the information that I have so far. I agree a knife is a tool, not for defense. Thank you for the web site. I did find that one but it did not help much since my customers usually buy knives for a tool not a weapon. I will just keep selling to customers 18 years and older that way they are adults and I don't have to worry about any legal issues.
Thank you for your help.
My dad used to be a state trooper in Ohio.
My uncle was a police officer in Kansas.

Whitebear
03-27-07, 01:31 PM
I would like to give you more informations but I am from canada..... does your dad can't help you on this mather?

good luck in your search

Rabbit23
03-27-07, 01:49 PM
and when you hunt and fish you need a knife

Be a man and tear them animals apart with your bare hands.