Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Best Uniforms?

MRuffalo715
03-13-07, 12:44 AM
Which police agencies have the best uniforms?

Here's my top three:

1.) New Jersey State Police
2.) California Highway Patrol
3.) New York City Police Department

North Patrol
03-13-07, 12:59 AM
Italian Carabinieri hands down!

Movementarian
03-13-07, 01:20 AM
Italian Carabinieri hands down!

If you are going to go that way then I like the Koninklijke Marechaussee.

When it comes right down to it, any uniform but mine!

NYCNinjaTurtle
03-13-07, 01:30 AM
1. Chicago Police Department
2. NYPD(the old style with the light blue shirt)
3. New Jersey State Police

LA5150
03-13-07, 01:42 AM
1. Lapd
2. Lapd
3. Lapd

(It's why I chose them over the sheriff's dept--better looking uniforms! Lol!)

North Patrol
03-13-07, 01:58 AM
If you are going to go that way then I like the Koninklijke Marechaussee.

I don't know their duty uniform is a plain old smurf blue and their dress uniform looks like some out of the Pirates of Penzance.

I AM THE VERY MODEL OF A MODERN MAJOR GENERAL!!!!!

Everyone sing along! :D

highwayman
03-13-07, 02:22 AM
1. Lapd
2. Lapd
3. Lapd

Most definitely ;)

North Patrol
03-13-07, 02:28 AM
1. Lapd
2. Lapd
3. Lapd

Not to overstep my bounds but after seeing your photo I don't think the uniform has anything to do with it.

It's you that makes the uniform look good! :D

Movementarian
03-13-07, 05:25 AM
I don't know their duty uniform is a plain old smurf blue and their dress uniform looks like some out of the Pirates of Penzance.

Everyone sing along! :D

Nothing says "police" like smurf blue! :D

Seriously though:
1. Baltimore Police. (Nothing like seeing a cop spinning an espantoon.)
2. NYPD Highway Patrol. (The crushed hats are cool.)
3. Maryland State Police. (You gotta love the cavalry style Stetson!)

phantasm
03-13-07, 11:35 AM
2. NYPD Highway Patrol. (The crushed hats are cool.)

All they do is remove the metal ring thats in the hat to keep its shape.

nypd7748
03-13-07, 12:25 PM
NYPD are the best-dressed officers in the nation

Robert Kahn
Newsday
March 17, 2005

NEW YORK – They're not just New York's finest – they're the nation's fanciest.

A trade group representing the makers of every thread, button and Velcro strap on a police officer's uniform Wednesday declared the New York Police Department the best-dressed peacekeepers in any large city.

Blue, it seems, really is the new black.

"The NYPD has worked to provide uniforms that are functional whether an officer is in the saddle, on a cart, riding a motorcycle or walking a beat," said Donna J. Pierson, a spokeswoman for the National Association of Uniform Manufacturers and Distributors, which has handed out the awards for 27 years.

The NYPD has one of the most widely recognized uniforms in the world, worn by roughly 40,000 officers serving 8 million people.

Regular NYPD patrol officers wear an arresting navy-colored shirt, navy street-gear duty pants and a dark navy tie. Dark turtlenecks may be substituted. Higher-ranked officers wear white shirts and dark blue ties.

The Tucson, Ariz., and Pittsburgh police departments were in second and third place, respectively, with "outstanding achievement" and "honorable mention" awards in the 200-officer-plus category.

Movementarian
03-13-07, 03:44 PM
All they do is remove the metal ring thats in the hat to keep its shape.

And that is what makes them cool.

Robb
03-13-07, 04:22 PM

Everyone sing along!

Hah, I just saw that play last week .... hated it all except for that song :p

I dont really have a favorite department, however the campaign hat and a full Sam Browne belt goes a long way. NJ State Police aint too shabby either :p

Taz_bb2
03-13-07, 04:34 PM
I don't know what department this is...but its got my vote for #1. ;)

uniform (www.designercostumes.co.uk/item.jsp?Itemid=894)

Stan Switek
03-13-07, 07:41 PM
Hard to top these:

http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5816/Events/5816/2857557_400.jpg.html?hint=group
http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5816/Events/5816/2857557_400.jpg.html?hint=group
http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5815/Events/5815/ThomasLenn_Wargo_12842476_400.jpg.html?hint=nm0502 073

And of course:
http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0499554/Ss/0499554/R70.jpg.html?hint=nm0502073

CPDlife4ME
03-13-07, 08:24 PM
Which police agencies have the best uniforms?

That's easy....

The Rhode Island State Police :D
http://i3.tinypic.com/302ubes.jpg

Whtwolf14
03-14-07, 02:21 PM
The VSP of course.....but I'm being biased. :cool:

Hockey9019
03-14-07, 02:29 PM
Well I don't know about uniforms; but there was an article the other day stating Michigan State Police had the coolest cars. :cool:

Don't be bubble hatin now

patchcop
03-14-07, 03:50 PM
I really don't know who has the best looking uniforms, maybe the old style fench Gendarmerie Parade Uniform was very good looking, except their cook pot hats.

But I know who has the ugliest uniform in the world: GERMANY
light brown trousers, yellow shirt with green rank bars and green tie, green jacket (good looking: our black leather jacket blouson style) white-green hat.

Or for the winter month: light brown pullover, or light brown turtleneck with an heavy green pullover over that.

But in some of our northern states they changed to blue uniforms an in two cities in my state they test the blue uniform. What I don't like, we will get light blue shirts. I'd prefer the navy blues shirts they have in the northern states.

ObMax1212
03-14-07, 05:13 PM
The Mass State Police have pretty cool uniforms. So does NYSP (at least the dress uniforms). I would like NYPD uniforms if they were ever worn nicely. They never have shirts that fit properly and new duty belts. They look like slobs to me. I like Ottawa PD uniforms. Very cool.

North Patrol
03-14-07, 10:09 PM
But I know who has the ugliest uniform in the world: GERMANY
light brown trousers, yellow shirt with green rank bars and green tie, green jacket (good looking: our black leather jacket blouson style) white-green hat.

You've got to post a picture of that! :eek:
It's just to mind boggling to imagine. :D

PLEASE!!!!

Sierra
03-14-07, 10:50 PM
That's easy....

The Rhode Island State Police :D

Law and Order Magazine agrees with you. RI received a special mention either last year or the year before for winning best uniform honours 3 or 4 times. I can't find the specific magazine right now, though.

Movementarian
03-14-07, 11:03 PM
You've got to post a picture of that!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/168874249_a4f85f5101.jpg

PBsec
03-14-07, 11:46 PM
Lapd

patchcop
03-15-07, 04:23 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/168874249_a4f85f5101.jpg

That's it. The two officers shown are from Rheinland Pfalz State Polizei. But the uniform is the same I wear. Only difference, I close the flaps of my shirt, looks better than the open flaps the younger officer has (maybe they will give him an shirt in his size next time:D )

Be serious, isn't it ugly?

K-9MALY
03-15-07, 07:08 AM
That's it. The two officers shown are from Rheinland Pfalz State Polizei. But the uniform is the same I wear. Only difference, I close the flaps of my shirt, looks better than the open flaps the younger officer has (maybe they will give him an shirt in his size next time

Be serious, isn't it ugly?

Oh my dear lord!:eek: I should of sent you an extra uniform, instead of just one of my patches! You hang in there, and just stay away from mirrors and reflective pools of water!:p

Baz
03-15-07, 01:13 PM
Hands down the Maryland State Police uniform is the best... It just screams "The buck stops here."

http://www.mdsp.org/images/Uniforms/long_sleeve.jpg

http://www.mdsp.org/images/Uniforms/class_a.jpg

patchcop
03-15-07, 02:10 PM
Oh my dear lord!:eek: I should of sent you an extra uniform, instead of just one of my patches! You hang in there, and just stay away from mirrors and reflective pools of water

Thanks bro. Only a few years ago, we are topped from Austria, their uniform was much more ugly than ours - but they changed their style and now they wear an good looking uniform.
I hope that we change to the blue one in short time. The "earth" colors I wear since 27 years, 5 month and 15 days are not my favorite colors and it is time to change:D

Kimble
03-15-07, 02:35 PM
I always thought the metal cybernetic uniform looked the best! :D

http://www.mikeantonucci.com/uploaded_images/robocop-792844.bmp

MRuffalo715
03-15-07, 02:40 PM
Robocop 1 and Robocop 2 are two of my favorite movies. They are classics! Robocop 3 wasn't as good because Peter Weller didn't play Robo.

SHSURobert
03-15-07, 02:40 PM
I'd have to go with the Texas Highway Patrol on both the car and the uniform. :D

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=40780309&size=l

Movementarian
03-15-07, 06:34 PM
I'd have to go with the Texas Highway Patrol on both the car and the uniform. :D

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=40780309&size=l

I must respectfully disagree.

K-9MALY
03-15-07, 06:58 PM
I must respectfully disagree.

+1 Did you see the Dunlop on them boys!:D

MDTerp07
03-15-07, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=SHSURobert;766800]I'd have to go with the Texas Highway Patrol on both the car and the uniform. :D

I am partial to the Maryland State Police uniform, that is my personal favorite. However the DPS pic is awsome!:D

SHSURobert
03-15-07, 11:24 PM
It's rare you see a chubby Trooper; they must have some good restaurants out that way. I still like the picture though. :D

North Patrol
03-16-07, 12:57 AM
It's rare you see a chubby Trooper; they must have some good restaurants out that way.

??????? Ummmm, what part of Texas are you from? :confused:

For those South Texas troopers all I have to say is 2 words "Menudo Bowl"! :eek:

The only person who can out run a 17 year old junkie is an overweight Trooper!

SHSURobert
03-16-07, 03:34 PM
Houston here. I can't ever remember seeing a fat Trooper. Hell, in the next few years, each Trooper will have to pass a fitness test just to get their raise every 4 years. Seems like an incentive. Now, speaking of "big-boned" Police Officers, HPD on the other hand....well....:rolleyes:

hitnrun
03-16-07, 04:08 PM
Not to overstep my bounds but after seeing your photo I don't think the uniform has anything to do with it.

It's you that makes the uniform look good! :D

Photo! Where! MUST SEE....PHOTO.........

Movementarian
03-16-07, 04:35 PM
Houston here. I can't ever remember seeing a fat Trooper. Hell, in the next few years, each Trooper will have to pass a fitness test just to get their raise every 4 years. Seems like an incentive. Now, speaking of "big-boned" Police Officers, HPD on the other hand....well....:rolleyes:

I just saw one in that photo! :D

matt87
03-17-07, 01:16 AM
Those troopers in that picture look like they're all pretty senior. I remember seeing pictures on a copcar website when Texas DPS was staged to receive a bunch of katrina evacuees and they all looked pretty sharp.

JakeLock
03-17-07, 05:34 AM
Don't be bubble hatin now

I will hate just ask MichStud... we have an ongoing battle over the bubble...

I think it's hideous and useless... also that whole "stop sign" thing on the hood... WTF!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??:confused:

:D

stewie
03-18-07, 01:46 AM
My extremely biased opinion is the LAPD uniform. I like the simple but effective LAPD Blue with a lack of colorful or somewhat down right silly shoulder patches. I also never liked uniforms that don't color coordinate (sorry LASD) or the tan color like the CHP's wear. I also think that all the State Police/Highway Patrol uniforms are ridiculously overdone. Just my .02 :D

wcso234
03-18-07, 06:30 AM
The VSP of course.....but I'm being biased. :cool:

I dont know about the best looking but they do have a lot a history behind the choosing of the parts of the uniform. The grey shirt combined with the blue pants representing the north and the south. The new badge they came out for this year is pretty cool to.

I personally like NCHP for there uniforms and cars