Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : My neighbor's tree is on fire!

Ken K
05-02-06, 10:42 AM
I'm sitting here looking towards the east and my neighbor's tree appears to be smoking. I've lived here 16 years and never seen this before. No fires in the area but the tree keeps puffing.

Just occurred to me...it's pollen. The dang thing is puffing it out and it looks like smoke. Now I know why my eyes itch so much.

I love it all being green but oh the allergies.

RO56
05-02-06, 10:44 AM
I'm sitting here looking towards the east and my neighbor's tree appears to be smoking.Smoking causes lung cancer and increases its risk of heart disease.

That's bad for the tree's health.

You should walk over there and suggest that it stop such behavior.

Jynkxxie
05-02-06, 11:14 AM
I never had a problem with allergies when I was younger, but now that I am older and have stopped smoking it seems the littlest thing can set do me in for a great waterworks show.

chewy
05-02-06, 11:54 AM
I'm sitting here looking towards the east and my neighbor's tree appears to be smoking. I've lived here 16 years and never seen this before. No fires in the area but the tree keeps puffing.

Just occurred to me...it's pollen. The dang thing is puffing it out and it looks like smoke. Now I know why my eyes itch so much.

WOW, I just thought of something... What if the "burning bush" was really just a small tree spewing pollen??? Oh, boy, my faith is getting confused... :p

Ken K
05-02-06, 12:12 PM
WOW, I just thought of something... What if the "burning bush" was really just a small tree spewing pollen??? Oh, boy, my faith is getting confused... :p

OMG, that's deeper than I wanted to go...but you have a point. It would shake the very foundations of faith.

I never saw Heston sneezing so I think we are OK.

Morgan20
05-02-06, 12:40 PM

If a tree asks for a smoke in the forrest and nobody is around to hear, does it make any sound?

kels
05-02-06, 12:49 PM
Have you been self medicating again?
Sounds like we will have send the police around with
a search warrant.:p

Welpe
05-02-06, 02:06 PM
I never had a problem with allergies when I was younger, but now that I am older and have stopped smoking it seems the littlest thing can set do me in for a great waterworks show.

I thought that was just a sign of emotional instability? :D

Seriously, I know what you mean. These last couple of weeks have been murder on me. :o

Norm357
05-02-06, 02:09 PM

Bad Chewy, bad!:D

wcso234
05-02-06, 02:15 PM
Yeah I had an Elm that was up to "tree" packs a day........LOL

madsnax
05-02-06, 02:17 PM
I'm not smoking.. the CIGARETTE is smoking.

Ken K
05-02-06, 03:34 PM
Never mind. I did some checking and found a whole mess of bird droppings around some cigarette butts. Dang crows.

jmac_52
05-02-06, 05:00 PM
Damn crows. They give all the birds a bad rep.:cool:

BLHutch
05-02-06, 05:35 PM
Is the tree over 18? If not, please issue it a citation for Minor In Possession of Tobacco. (If that is what is causing the smoke)

Belmar75
05-03-06, 12:18 AM
Smoking causes lung cancer and increases its risk of heart disease.

That's bad for the tree's health.

You should walk over there and suggest that it stop such behavior.

But I'm sure the tree didn't inhale... :p

Creeker
05-03-06, 12:30 AM
OMG, at the begining of April I was driving thru clouds of pollen along our heavily wooded Interstate system.

Its really bad when you have your first rain in awhile and the next morning all of the puddles are caked green.

I love trees, but if theres one I hate, its a pine...Second is a Gum.