Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

FSCF3801
03-23-06, 06:15 AM
U.S. seizes large ecstasy haul at B.C. border

VANCOUVER (CP) U.S. officials are calling the Thursday seizure of 671,000 tablets of ecstasy at the Washington-British Columbia border part of an increasing new smuggling problem.

"The ecstasy is significant," said Mike Milne, a spokesman for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

"The marijuana . . . weve just kind of gotten used to that over the last few years.

"The new trend were seeing up in western Washington coming down from British Columbia is a rise in ecstasy over the last few years. Its just grown in leaps and bounds," Milne said Friday.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers seized 210 kilograms of the drug as well as 375 kilograms of marijuana as part of a routine check Thursday night at Blaine, Wash., 40 kilometres southeast of Vancouver.

The drugs were found in 21 drums stashed among a total of 128 drums in a truck with Canadian licence plates. The manifest recorded the cargo as shredded scrap plastic.

While the truck driver and passenger were briefly detained, they were later released. No charges have been laid yet, Milne said.

Source (http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/490798.html)

RO56
03-23-06, 01:58 PM
Sweet Jesus! Now THAT was one hell of a haul! Great job, CBP!

K-9MALY
03-23-06, 03:56 PM
Damn that is a nice haul. I was all set to brag about the 91,000 tabs of E that we got this past week, but no need:o

I have to call that port and see if some of my K-9 buddies were involved with that.

BP348
03-23-06, 04:11 PM
Sweet Jesus! Now THAT was one hell of a haul! Great job, CBP!

I second this!! We had one of our handler teams get 76 pounds of Cocaine 2 days ago. Should be in the local paper today or tomorrow I get a link when I can. Got to love it when a plan comes together :D

DB839282
04-20-06, 04:23 PM
What do they do with all the drugs the seize?

Like the story a while back about 2 TONS of marijuana being found in that tunnel between Mexico/US.

What the hell do they do with 2 TONS when they confiscate it?

kels
04-20-06, 05:49 PM
But Officer, it was only personal use.:D
Cant you just write me a ticket or somethun.

cjcrew022000
04-20-06, 08:36 PM
What do they do with all the drugs the seize?

Like the story a while back about 2 TONS of marijuana being found in that tunnel between Mexico/US.

What the hell do they do with 2 TONS when they confiscate it?
I think they burn it, from a distance of course :D .

Lost Texan
04-21-06, 11:16 PM
The seized drugs are incinerated.

LT

Group9
04-22-06, 10:11 PM
Darn, that's a lot of X! Good bust! :D

V Hanna
04-25-06, 02:44 AM
U.S. seizes large ecstasy haul at B.C. border

VANCOUVER (CP) U.S. officials are calling the Thursday seizure of 671,000 tablets of ecstasy at the Washington-British Columbia border part of an increasing new smuggling problem.

"The ecstasy is significant," said Mike Milne, a spokesman for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

"The marijuana . . . weve just kind of gotten used to that over the last few years.

"The new trend were seeing up in western Washington coming down from British Columbia is a rise in ecstasy over the last few years. Its just grown in leaps and bounds," Milne said Friday.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers seized 210 kilograms of the drug as well as 375 kilograms of marijuana as part of a routine check Thursday night at Blaine, Wash., 40 kilometres southeast of Vancouver.

The drugs were found in 21 drums stashed among a total of 128 drums in a truck with Canadian licence plates. The manifest recorded the cargo as shredded scrap plastic.

While the truck driver and passenger were briefly detained, they were later released. No charges have been laid yet, Milne said.

Source (http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/490798.html)

I saw the recent Intel Letter regarding this take down..pretty interesting
I think VACIS had found an anomily, thus having the CBP opening each 50 gal drum.
V