Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

fordfast
05-21-03, 01:27 PM
I was on the way home last night, it was about 10:15pm. A newer SUV, maybe a honda of some kind was on the right lane, i was in the middle lane behind 2 cars... he goes up to the light and then cuts off the other two cars (in the middle of the intersection) and then goes ahead.. as we get to the stop signs . the other cars turned, i end up behind him ... he turns left down my street and i just sat at the stop sight to see whats up... he goes about half way down the block and stops in the middle of the road... the goes another 100 feet or so, then does a 3 point turn ... so i turned right, (opposite direction from my apartment) and then dissapear into the neighborhood to avoid him... i double back and i see him again at the light behind about 4 cars... so i go down one more block and wait a bit, he turned and followed behind me.... so i gunned it an made it home, parked the car and then got out really fast, went inside and then i saw him drive by again....

freaked me out... strange... i didnt see his face, and i didnt see his tag.

what should i / can i do ???? should i even be worried ?

maybe i'm going crazy!!!! LOL anyhow, that has never happened to me before in my entire life... just strange.

Dan
05-21-03, 04:50 PM
You should have just gone to a busy place with lots of light and people or gone to the police station.

Did he see you go into your house/apartment?

I'm guessing you got a stang?:cool:

fordfast
05-21-03, 05:11 PM
He did not see me. (as far as i knew).

because i was ahead of him by a few blocks.... i got out of the car and walked inside, i watched the road and he didnt come out until he got up to my block...

and i dont have a mustang anymore :( unfortunately, i sold my last one.

zander_zye
05-21-03, 05:26 PM
What kind of Mustang? I have a 00 Mustang GT convertible (laser red of course - 5 speed - yeah-yeah!) :D I am waiting for the 05's to come out (the two seater 500 HP new model) before I trade up...

fordfast
05-21-03, 08:28 PM
i've had many different stangs, all of them v8, all of them with nitrous. quite fast for a daily driver.

11 second daily driver on street tires is quite fun !

but dangerous in the wrong hands.

Lucky for me, i've been quite lucky compared to others.

I had my fun. so i sold it and let others enjoy it too.

:)

Barenaked
05-21-03, 08:48 PM
Sounds to me like he was just lost. When people are lost they tend to drive crazy and cut people off and do everything you described that he did. Why do you think he was after you?

metallicat
05-21-03, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by zander_zye
What kind of Mustang? I have a 00 Mustang GT convertible (laser red of course - 5 speed - yeah-yeah!) :D I am waiting for the 05's to come out (the two seater 500 HP new model) before I trade up...

Sorry to go off topic, but the pictures I have seen of the new Mustangs don't look good to me. I think the last two models have been the best. Hopefully if I see new ones in person I will like them more.

mcsap
05-21-03, 10:22 PM
If you really think someone is following you, get on your cell and call 911, stay on with dispatch and let the PD handle it.

65'Mustang w the 200 Sprint Six ( 200 cui) what a dog ! But it was fire engine red with a white interior,

70 Dodge Coronet with an engine (440) from a Dodge Polara Highway Patrol car. What an absolute screamer. Good thing I sold the Dodge or I might have been buried in it.

Dan
05-21-03, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by metallicat
Sorry to go off topic, but the pictures I have seen of the new Mustangs don't look good to me. I think the last two models have been the best. Hopefully if I see new ones in person I will like them more.

So true, I love the look of the Foxbodies, best looking stangs next to the 03 Cobra imo

fordfast
05-21-03, 11:15 PM
I think he was following me because of his strange movements. I did not provke him or cut him off or do anything else to warrant that kind of suspicious behavior.

Also, i tend to be paranoid sometimes, .. i'm a "conspiracy theorist" at a very low level...

i'm cautious when i drive. watch people's movements....

just aware of whats going on around me , i would say, at a higher level that most other drivers on the road.

Flux
05-21-03, 11:46 PM
If you know youre being followed, dont go home. A kid I know did that. He pulled in his driveway, they sat on the street with him, he started driving again and then ended up running him off the road. Crashed his saturn and the cops didnt believe his story. I have a 2000 black Mustang. Treats me pretty well, lol.

Tyler

zander_zye
05-22-03, 12:21 AM
I love Stangs - my dad had the 64 1/2 when it first came out.

I test drove the Mini Cooper S the other day - very fast for a 4 banger with a Supercharger. Of course being so low to the ground it feels faster as well.

I have never done the nitrous thing - (not much of a mechanic) - We have a lot of rice rocket jockey's around the neighborhood though (you know the type - they think an Acura Integra is a race car until that little engine blows). How was your performance with nitrous verses the Mitsu?

Did someone mention the Cobra? I like the Roush myself - very cool little coupe and very fast off the line.

So Ford man - you don't street race, do you? Before they closed down the old Baylands Raceway in Fremont I used to drop on by for Wednesday night grudge night - blew up my first car on the track and had to drive all the way home to Oakland smoking all the way (it was a 69 Plymouth Roadrunner) Are you into the old cult car movies? Vanishing Point with Barry Newman - best car movie

OK - so I am rambling - time to watch Law and Order - (Lenny - my favorite NYC cop)

:D

Lfpdlieu302
05-22-03, 10:39 AM
WOW!! i think we found something besides politics that zander enjoys!! lol;)