Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Auto DQs

Zurren
04-22-05, 10:22 PM
Any one know the auto disqualifications for Nevada Highway Patrol?

mxwelch
04-22-05, 11:04 PM
Don't know the dept mentioned but I'll take a guess and say the obvious. Felony conviction, Conviction of a crime of moral turpitude. Any drug usage other than MJ experimentation. Dishonorable discharge from the military. This list is by no means all inclusive. Some depts are stricter than others.

Bearcat06
04-23-05, 12:48 AM
Any one know the auto disqualifications for Nevada Highway Patrol?

No offense....but google is your friend.

BACKGROUND:
The Department of Public Safety has a moral and ethical obligation to select only the most qualified applicants for our law enforcement positions. Background investigations ensure that we select only those individuals of impeccable moral character and uncompromising integrity. You may not be appointed if any of the following applies to you:
• Conviction of a felony in the State of Nevada or a conviction in another state which would be a felony if committed in this State
• Conviction of any offense involving illegal sale or manufacture of controlled substances
• Conviction of a D.U.I. within the last five years, or two D.U.I. convictions in a lifetime
• Domestic violence conviction
• Any illegal use of a controlled substance within one year of the date of application
• Intentional falsification, deception or omission of information during the application and background investigation process

http://dps.nv.gov/personnel/#QUALIFICATIONS

TPDHellhound
04-23-05, 12:51 AM
No offense....but google is your friend.

LMAO!!!

Bearcat06
04-23-05, 12:59 AM
LMAO!!!

I hate to be blunt like that, but damn.....it took me less that 30 seconds to type in "Nevada State Highway Patrol" into Google’s search engine, pull the main page up for Nevada DPS, look for the info, and post it.......

Yet.... this individual and others who want to join our profession, are too lazy to do that..... :rolleyes:

A message to everyone out there reading this wanting to become an LEO.... Whether it be local, state, or federal. Practice your investigative skills now and do stuff like this yourself. If you can't find the information after searching, then ask. Or if you find the information and then you have questions about what you read, ask away.......

Zurren
04-23-05, 01:56 AM
Lazy? no. I was browsing the forums and being pressured to go by my girlfriend so I posted a quick question. One to find out what I wanted to know, two to become a regular on the boards and three because what agencies post on the web are not always all they are DQing for. Maybe I should of said something like "I've seen the NHP web site but is there anything else someone could tell me about there DQs?".

You ever heard of what happens when you assume? ;)

I hate to sound like I'm picking a fight, but damn...

mcsap
04-23-05, 03:17 AM
[QUOTE=Zurren] Maybe I should of said something like "I've seen the NHP web site but is there anything else someone could tell me about there DQs?".

QUOTE]

That would have been a great intro to your first post. :)

tenfour
04-23-05, 04:15 AM
One thing I know, in order to be a LEO, it takes common sense. :p

scott715us
04-23-05, 11:39 AM
Hammered :D

Bearcat06
04-23-05, 03:02 PM
"I've seen the NHP web site but is there anything else someone could tell me about there DQs?".

If you had posted that in the first place, I am things would have turned out for you differently. But you didn't and you made yourself look lazy.

With the way your acting now, I highly doubt anyone will help you......

LasVegasOG
04-23-05, 07:04 PM
Hey zurren Im in the testing process with them I will PM you with the disquals for Nevada DPS. Its loooooongggg

LasVegasOG
04-23-05, 07:31 PM
BTW where are you applying 11.107C North, 11.107V South?

Valor55
04-23-05, 09:20 PM
I don't know how I ever got this job without the Internet to spoon feed me the application.

mxwelch
04-24-05, 12:13 AM
I don't know how I ever got this job without the Internet to spoon feed me the application.

And now you're spoon feeding some of us. :D

Valor55
04-24-05, 01:19 PM
And now you're spoon feeding some of us. :D

Getting advice on applying is one thing, asking a bunch of people on the Internet to read the application for you is another.

Johninaustin
04-24-05, 02:54 PM
It's one of those "if you gotta ask, that probably means you are disqualified" type of questions.:D

Zurren
04-24-05, 07:13 PM
http://forums.realpolice.net/showthread.php?t=11477

Trolls

If it is obvious to the owner or any of the Mods that you are trolling, bashing or flaming, you can be banned (i.e. causing trouble, hate posts, personal attacks, etc.). Anti-police and Anti-government viewers are not welcome here as it should be obvious you're in the wrong place. If you want to ask an honest question like "I received a ticket for... I'm curious how the law handles that?" is fine. However, a question like "Why are all cops *******s?" is not acceptable.

Any ways,

Got one reply to my question. Thanks LasVegasOG. I'm in Vegas and will be applying south. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say your in Vegas also.

LasVegasOG
04-24-05, 08:07 PM
Henderson hehe. go down to bonanza and washington there is a building for the state of Nevada there, it also is a parole and probation building go in there and ( the name is on the tip of my tongue ) go up to the window and ask them for a lady in charge Nevada DPS applications and go up there and talk to her and get a packet from her. Any questions about disquals She can answer or any concerns you have.

Zurren
04-25-05, 07:36 PM
Thanks LasVegasOG

LasVegasOG
04-25-05, 07:40 PM
anytime let me know how it goes