Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : Outsmarting the bad guy

mcsap
12-14-04, 12:39 AM
We had a violent domestic last night. Female calls 911 screaming help, help etc ! We run code and get there in about 5 to 7 min but the boyfriend ran off from the large apt. complex. She took a serious hit to the face, all swelled up and blood vessels broken in the corner of her eye. While we were there, he calls on his cell and asks if we are there , she says yes. He in a very loud voice says he is going to kill her when we leave.

It was dark and with a lot of cars, buildings and trees figured we wouldn't find him. So we had one officer stay in the apartment while the rest of us left. We had one of the ambulance crew drive the cruiser about 3 blocks away and park it.

About 10 minutes later , boyfriend goes back in the apartment thinking he is home free ...SUPRISE !!!

He gets hooked up and was arraigned on Simple Assault, Terroristic Threats and HArassment. He refused to be processed and was a problem the whole time. I called the jail and had the EXTRACTION team ready. When the officer arrived, the 4 man team of LARGE CO's , assisted this fine piece of humanity into his new "hotel" room.

Score one for the good guys.

explorerunit
12-14-04, 12:41 AM
lol nice

Wifeofadeputy
12-14-04, 12:41 AM
Bravo =) Good work, sir!

Phre4k
12-14-04, 12:43 AM
I have a dozen eggs that we never cooked. I just threw them out, Want me to dig them up and we can throw them at this coward woman hitteR?

massgrunt
12-14-04, 12:59 AM
I assume, as professionals, the word "sucker" wasn't heard at all? :D

oscarmitre
12-14-04, 01:05 AM
I assume, as professionals, the word "sucker" wasn't heard at all? :D

I always had that problem. I had a speech defect and every time I pronounced a sibilant "s" it came out as a sibilant "f". Don't know how many times I had to explain that.

Ex-co-llent work! May he spend time with his new special best friend in the slammer :D

Wombat311
12-14-04, 03:45 AM
Love your work mcsap. :)

corporal716
12-14-04, 04:10 AM
cool :cool:

Gooch
12-14-04, 05:15 AM
What a dumbass! Good work, Bro.

Oldbillplod
12-14-04, 05:18 AM
Always satisfying when you get a good result

Roses
12-14-04, 05:39 AM
Very nice mscap!

Highlandttam
12-14-04, 07:05 AM
I would have loved to see his face when he saw the officer :eek: Thank you for sharing MSCAP!

Group9
12-14-04, 07:42 AM
"Oh, I'm sorry. You thought we had all gone?" :D

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

Darin
12-14-04, 09:12 AM
Good job to you and your officers!

massgrunt
12-14-04, 11:23 AM
"Oh, I'm sorry. You thought we had all gone?" :D

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?
Reports the officer was wearing his slipers and getting a back rub from his woamn have yet to be confirmed.

:D

Whitewolf1970
12-14-04, 05:45 PM
I love the surprise. Way to go, officers!!! :)

christrue
12-14-04, 06:11 PM
Always satisfying when you get a good result

Ditto! :p

greenlead
12-14-04, 06:39 PM
You shoulda had two officers, that way, one of em coulda had a shotgun (you only get to bring it out every so often, ya know???). :D

scott715us
12-14-04, 08:10 PM
You should have had a camera set up. I would have loved to see the look on that piece of shiite's face. Good job.

Legoate
12-14-04, 09:17 PM
I don't think it's legal to trick or outsmart badguys in California. Some hippy group passed a law against it a few years ago. If we don't catch them red handed, we have to leave them alone until they commit another crime- so as not to infringe on their civil rights.

canuckofapeach
12-14-04, 09:23 PM
Good work Mcsap. Another neanderthal bites the dust.

scott715us
12-14-04, 10:20 PM
I don't think it's legal to trick or outsmart badguys in California. Some hippy group passed a law against it a few years ago. If we don't catch them red handed, we have to leave them alone until they commit another crime- so as not to infringe on their civil rights.

How is that tricking someone? Just because he doesn't see an assload of police cars, we're tricking him? I don't think it's a trick on the part of the LEO's, I think it's plain stupidity for him to come back. I'm glad I don't live in your neck of the woods.

tenfour
12-15-04, 11:07 AM
Good work, always nice to see women beaters get locked up.

Gooch
12-15-04, 11:24 AM
How is that tricking someone? Just because he doesn't see an assload of police cars, we're tricking him? I don't think it's a trick on the part of the LEO's, I think it's plain stupidity for him to come back. I'm glad I don't live in your neck of the woods.

scott, I believe it's called sarcasm Buddy. He was jerking ya. :)

Legoate
12-15-04, 07:00 PM
scott, I believe it's called sarcasm Buddy. He was jerking ya. :)

Yes, that was sarcasm....I didn't think it was subtle, I've never known as subtle. I live in the land of the 9th district court where nearly every decision they make is anti-cop and later overturned by the US Sup. Court. I get used to bad guys having more rights than I do so I'm always waiting for some new case law to come through that makes my job harder to do.

I love being sneaky and catching folks with their hand in the cookie jar....it's just so great to see the looks on their cute little faces.