Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

View Full Version : How to turn in a drug dealer?

akmid
08-07-04, 11:49 PM
Hello, I am 14 and I dislike the use of illegal narcotics. I have a friend that just began using them and I know where he gets them. What can I do to do something about this? There are actually 2-3 people that he gets them from, a few of them go to the school I attend in Idaho. I'm a bit afraid about doing something, but I want to do something. I'm lost. I can' talk to my parents about it because they will stop my interaction with this friend, whom I have been friends with for quite some time.

Thank you

darrell
08-07-04, 11:54 PM
You city/county should have tip line you can call. If not call the local PD and ask for a officer that work narcotics.

akmid
08-07-04, 11:57 PM
Should I be able to provide them with any more information besides names? I don't know some of their names.

darrell
08-08-04, 12:02 AM
Names, what they sell, how they sell it, who their sellign to, car make model year, address, will help.......but the first 2 are important

Whitewolf1970
08-08-04, 12:07 AM
Just give them descriptions and if you know where they lives, what vehicles they drive, note down everything and give it to the LE, they will not let them know who you are or your names. It's like being an anonymous tip. Good luck. And as for your friend, you should get him some help. If he won't, just avoid him and leave. Still you gonna have to make a difficult decision. Call LE on him as well. And he will be arrested for illegal drug possession. Druggies are not the best friends, they will change into worse like I've seen some where. Fighting former friends, causing Domestic Violence at homes, and the problem heats up to...death or suicide because they can't stop themselves from using drugs or they refused the helps they should get. Not an easy life. I have one gal who used to be my so-called friend (since middle school) but not a friend anymore (haven't seen her since middle school, I was transferred to another school; high school 9th to 12th) since I heard she started using coke. Many years later, some of them told me she got skinny and skinny, more boney than she used to be a plump-average gal. Some told me she got into heroine, they avoided her. She now have no friends except drugs are her friends. She have 5 children (half-sibling one by one), all of 'em were taken away. Is life good? Nope. If your friend refused, then leave him and don't come back until he cut clean from drugs for life. If not, forget him. I know it's hard but it's not good. Think about your future.

akmid
08-08-04, 12:17 AM
Thanks for all the help. I'm just trying to get their info without my friend suspecting it was me that turned them in. He knows I have a hatred for drugs and drug users.

Metallic4
08-08-04, 12:20 AM
What are they dealing? Anything more serious than dime bags of weed?

akmid
08-08-04, 12:20 AM
I know at least one of them isn't doing anything more serious than weed. My friend would never do anything more serious than weed. He only buys like.. $40 or $20 at a time from them.

Metallic4
08-08-04, 12:21 AM
I know at least one of them isn't doing anything more serious than weed. My friend would never do anything more serious than weed. He only buys like.. $40 or $20 at a time from them.
Welcome to high school :)

Whitewolf1970
08-08-04, 12:29 AM
akmid,

High schooler can go first for weed, but weed changed to coke, then coke changed to heroine, then worse. But between the drug-free and the worse drugged-up homeless, there is a crime besides drugs..a person lose a job over the drug abuse because he can't afford gas for vehicle, he was late to work, then something click in his mind; stealin' is his one way ticket to drugs, he steals from homes, stores, etc just to buy enough drugs and alcohol. But that ticket will carry him to jail time or prison time. Not a pretty picture. You may know your friend only get weed only..but spending $20-$40 is quite expensive. Not good. Where did he get the money? His job? His parents? OR ?? That's the "??" we are gonna think about. It's not easy and it's very, very hard to deal with this type of problem.

Whitewolf1970
08-08-04, 12:33 AM
Welcome to high school :)

Gosh, so much peer pressures in high schools?! I've been there and seen there and forget that horror high school! <sigh> But mine was old high school of 1989. :)

Metallic4
08-08-04, 12:34 AM
OK I'm gonna go out on a limb here with this advice, but let me preface it by saying I'm NOT a cop:
akmid, I assume that as a 14 yr. old you are entering high school soon. As a high schooler I can tell you that you will be around alot of undesireable characters and see alot of substance abuse. I could turn in multiple people who deal weed etc., but I just avoid it instead. I'm not telling you that you should or shouldn't turn those people in, that's up to you. But ask yourself if it is worth it to sell out your old friend, or once you make the call you will regret it and not like the police attention, such as giving statements, etc.
Good luck.

akmid
08-08-04, 12:40 AM
I will try my best to keep my friend out of it. Well, I'm actually 17, I didn't want to give any information to my friend Googling, but now that I think about it, I doubt he will be Googling on this subjet :P. Anyways, I've had it blown in my face, shoved at me, etc. I've always refused. I know doing this won't change it much, but I will feel a little better.

Whitewolf1970
08-08-04, 12:49 AM
I will try my best to keep my friend out of it. Well, I'm actually 17.

????? 17???? What? 14....17???? :eek: Well, if you did got shoved or pushed or humiliated by your friend(s), they're NOT your friends at all. You gotta break up the relationships from 'em and move on to new friends. And still you can call on 'em no matter what. LEOs will be happy to arrest 'em and charge 'em from either misdemeanor or felony depending how severe their drugs/crimes are and as far as your concern, he or they will be expelled from high schools. If I get shoved, spatted at, hated by, I just go and get new friends. ;)

sgtbear111
08-08-04, 12:51 AM
Selling drugs, or possession with intent to sell, is a crime. Perhaps for a juvenile it is not a big deal, for everyone in their teens is the exception to the rules and immortal in their own mind. "It will never happen to me" are some famous LAST words of people who will not make it to age 20. Criminal activity for young people who are seeking dope for personal use or for profit brings in the professional criminals. The real crooks dont give a hoot about anyone or anything but money. They prey upon the amateurs, the kids, for money, sex, and power. Break their rules, no "time out", no probation, no 2nd chances, just what's left of someone you love and care about cooling down to room temperature. Early death by overdose, disease, homicide, no one is exempt. No future.

Do someone a favor, get them to stop using. If they continue to use, they will soon sell dope to support their habit. If calling the police on a friend is the way to get their attention, to get them to stop using, chalk it up as "tough love". Better to get the problem solved while the answers are still soft and cheap.

If someone has a drug problem, there is help. Narcotics Anonymous is in your phone book and hospitals or clinics can get treatment answers. Once they stop using and spending money on dope, the criminal activity and loser "doper friends" will move on,. The winners stopped using, cleaned up, and are part of a solution, they have their future back.

Whitewolf1970
08-08-04, 12:53 AM
Selling drugs, or possession with intent to sell, is a crime. Perhaps for a juvenile it is not a big deal, for everyone in their teens is the exception to the rules and immortal in their own mind. "It will never happen to me" are some famous LAST words of people who will not make it to age 20. Criminal activity for young people who are seeking dope for personal use or for profit brings in the professional criminals. The real crooks dont give a hoot about anyone or anything but money. They prey upon the amateurs, the kids, for money, sex, and power. Break their rules, no "time out", no probation, no 2nd chances, just what's left of someone you love and care about cooling down to room temperature. Early death by overdose, disease, homicide, no one is exempt. No future.

Do someone a favor, get them to stop using. If they continue to use, they will soon sell dope to support their habit. If calling the police on a friend is the way to get their attention, to get them to stop using, chalk it up as "tough love". Better to get the problem solved while the answers are still soft and cheap.

If someone has a drug problem, there is help. Narcotics Anonymous is in your phone book and hospitals or clinics can get treatment answers. Once they stop using and spending money on dope, the criminal activity and loser "doper friends" will move on,. The winners stopped using, cleaned up, and are part of a solution, they have their future back.

Yep..agree ^. :)

akmid
08-08-04, 12:54 AM
Well, I guess I'll try and get all the information I can about the people without anyone noticing and call the local police dept.

Whitewolf1970
08-08-04, 12:55 AM
Well, I guess I'll try and get all the information I can about the people without anyone noticing and call the local police dept.

Good luck.

Jynkxxie
08-08-04, 10:32 AM
It has been my experience that the only way to stop someone from doing drugs is to let them make the decision to stop. If that makes sense. Of course there should be interaction by the family/friends, but kinda like smoking it really has to be a self driven decision. I think over time we have proven that police interaction and jail/prison does not work all the time. I don't know maybe this person is young enough for that to have an effect.

Now does he/she DO drugs or DEAL drugs or BOTH? YOu will have to forgive me I did not read all replies to the thread.

akmid
08-08-04, 12:26 PM
He did just DO them, now he does them and is trying to get into world of selling them.

Sgt. Pepper
08-08-04, 12:41 PM

Yea be very careful trying to get information, you can get hurt. Just a word of warning.

canuckofapeach
08-08-04, 02:27 PM
TROLL ALERT!

Watch for the next post...

nhexplorerpost2
08-08-04, 02:28 PM
TROLL ALERT!

Watch for the next post...

I have been hitting refresh for the past 8 minutes waiting for it.

metallicat
08-08-04, 02:28 PM
He is banned. Sorry that nobody will get to see what he writes.

nhexplorerpost2
08-08-04, 02:42 PM
Thank goodness!

akmid
08-09-04, 12:21 AM
I don't get it, what happened?

Whitewolf1970
08-09-04, 12:24 AM
I don't get it, what happened?

It's not regarding you. It WAS the other who joined after you left, and the moderator banned him off because of what the user did was stupid enough to post on it. It's okay.

someguy
08-09-04, 01:25 PM
I found out my Ex was up to shooting heroin. She did this after years of moving from weed to acid to coke to heroin. She would even do it when my child was around. My advice to you is help the problem before it gets out of control. I had to take my son away from her and that is not something I wanted to do but it was for his own good. Now she only sees him under my supervsion or who I deem fit. I did something similar as to what you are asking about. I was asked by the local police about her drug use so I gave them the guys first name and that he drove a truck so they new to run the plates when they went buy the house to see if it was his. Also I just updated them to the fact that there is a bench warrant for her arrest so now that they have that information they have probable cause to search a vehicle. The person I spoke to said he would contact county for a copy of the warrant and leave me out of it.

Babysmamadrama
08-09-04, 01:41 PM
You need to unass your friend before he gets you in trouble. I have seen more than one guy shove dope next to or under a buddies seat because he was going to violate if he got caught again.

You can't associate with criminals and not get caught up eventually. Ask this guy what is more important, his abuse or your friendship. Don't be surprised if he turns from you because you aren't cool anymore.