Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

marc371
06-25-04, 12:13 AM
does anyone know what this test consist of? I have my agility test on Saturday so just wondering? whats this trigger pull test? :confused:

xmatic
06-25-04, 08:10 AM
whats this trigger pull test? :confused:

I don't know much of the physical requirements for this department, however the NYPD has a trigger pull test that I am sure will be similiar to any other department testing process. The purpose of the trigger pull is to determine wheather or not you have enough strenght and balance to hold a gun with one arm extended through a metal square. I know that that for the NYPD you extend your main arm out (arm you're more comfortable with holding the gun) into this metal frame, and then you're ask to make a fist of your second arm and press it against your heart. You're finally asked to press the trigger sixteen times (counting out loud as you press it) bare in mind that you will be timed and cannot touch the edges of the metal frame otherwise you get disqualified. I don't know if this will help much, but I found a link to the NYC corrections page. There's more info on their physical requirements, http://www.docs.state.ny.us/Jobs/CO_Exam.html

good luck!