Police Officer Preparation & Law Enforcement Resource - Archive

The REAL POLICE FORUM is a leading community of police officers and law enforcement professionals. The forum includes police chat and restricted areas for police officers only. The ask-a-cop area allows you to ask questions to real police officers and only verified police are allowed to respond. REALPOLICE.com also features law enforcement jobs, news, training materials and expert articles.

authorizedagent
08-13-12, 11:08 PM
My girlfriend's brother has had a no extradition warrant from Missouri for a short while now and was confirmed when he had his name and info ran by police a few times; they didn't arrest him and so just let him go. The warrant is for child support in Missouri and was issued September 2011. It's the only one he's got. Now that he's in jail at the moment in Florida where he has been living, the online records for Florida show that he's being held for "Fugitive: St. Louis MO FTA and is apparently awaiting extradition. He's been let go other times because the warrant says no extradition. What could be going on with this, this time? This will make the third time he's been extradited by Missouri from Florida within 3 years. All only for FTA.

It's been a little over a week since he's been in jail in Florida. I was told that he requested documentation and a double check from them about the matter but no show of anything from anyone. If Missouri has changed their mind about extradition, I'm shocked that they are doing this a 3rd time around considering the cost involved. That's kind of weird if they did change their mind in such a short amount of time. I have heard of "NO EX" warrants staying as "NO EX" for long periods of time. Some even over 20 years.

I'm trying to help them out as a friend and so that is why I'm here. Anyone here have any comments on this that would help? Ever known of any event like this from any experience?

Samuel
08-13-12, 11:50 PM
What does "help them out" mean to you?

Your GF's brother made his bed and now has to sleep in it. Period. He SHOULD have taken care of the whole thing AS SOON AS HE KNEW HE WAS DELINQUENT OR OTHERWISE IN VIOLATION. PERIOD.

ChesCopPodz
08-14-12, 10:59 AM
Lots of things could have happened. He could have missed another court date on top of the FTA he already had, and the no extradition was lifted.

The sheriff's office/police department could have called the DA directly in MO, and the DA agreed to extradite.

Since it's child support, if he's still not paying and the delinquent amount adds up, it could have passed a monetary amount which upgrades the warrant to one they will extradite for.

He made his bed by being a deadbeat dad. Now he has to lie in it.

mobrien316
08-14-12, 12:15 PM
Very often the State's Attorney will check off "no extradition authorized" on a warrant as a matter of course.

If the police (or another agency) go back and ask if they can extradite and they can fill in all the details, the State's Attorney will then authorize extradition.