RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Badge wallet

Hudson69 is offline Colorado Cop Hudson69 is on a distinguished road
    Verified LEO

Badge wallet

I am looking for a full function badge wallet. Something that will hold a six pointed star badge with the round tips, hold my police ID card but then also have places for money, credit cards and a DL. I have a flat badge wallet now but it only holds my badge and ID card...
    “A man ought to do what he thinks is right”

-John Wayne-

michiganstud is offline exhumed from the grave michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Go here: (strong leather company)

Strong Badge Case - Home

"ching ching, pull it over buddy. You're under arrest...get in the basket." ~ Super Six 5

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Perfect Fit Leather
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

MikeG is offline Veteran Member MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Quote Originally Posted by michiganstud View Post
    Go here: (strong leather company)

Strong Badge Case - Home
    Heh, heh. You can order a wallet for a 6 pointed star badge "with balls".

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Not that this answers your question (in fact quite the opposite), but ever since hearing the story of the deceased LASO deputy (Deputy York I believe) who was mugged off duty and immediately shot/executed by the robber when he opened his wallet and saw his badge I refuse to carry my badge/agency ID in a wallet.
    Last edited by Kimble; 04-08-11 at 04:35 PM.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

Cat_Doc is offline No Sugarcoating Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    Not that this answers your question (in fact quite the opposite), but ever since hearing the story of the deceased LASO deputy (Deputy York I believe) who was mugged off duty and immediately shot/executed by the robber when he opened his wallet and saw his badge I refuse to carry my badge/agency ID in a wallet.
    I second this, but I was "taught" during a Caliber Press seminar to not carry any police identification in the wallet you would be using for cash, credit cards, driver's license, etc. I have carried a separate flat badge wallet ever since and kept police ID out of my "transaction" wallet. It was even discussed keeping the flat badge in a front pants pocket, jacket pocket or along your ankle in a sock and your everyday wallet in the back pocket like most people do.

I do not remember the agency or the victim's name, but the scenario was a "take-over" robbery in a bar. The suspects had everyone proned out on the floor and were taking their wallets. They opened the wallet of the off-duty, saw the badge and immediately shot him in the head.
    "No one is compelled to choose the profession of a police officer, but having chosen it, everyone is obligated to perform its duties and live up to the high standards of its requirements." ~ President Calvin Coolidge

“The nobility of policing demands the noblest of character.” ~ Dr. Stephen R. Covey

MikeG is offline Veteran Member MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    I second this, but I was "taught" during a Caliber Press seminar to not carry any police identification in the wallet you would be using for cash, credit cards, driver's license, etc. I have carried a separate flat badge wallet ever since and kept police ID out of my "transaction" wallet. It was even discussed keeping the flat badge in a front pants pocket, jacket pocket or along your ankle in a sock and your everyday wallet in the back pocket like most people do.

I do not remember the agency or the victim's name, but the scenario was a "take-over" robbery in a bar. The suspects had everyone proned out on the floor and were taking their wallets. They opened the wallet of the off-duty, saw the badge and immediately shot him in the head.
    I think it's happened more than once.

Officer C.H. Trinh in Houston PD suffered the same fate working in his parents grocery store off-duty. Killer is Chuong Duong Tong and is currently on death row. Robber put officer on the floor, took his wallet, saw his badge and shot him.

I have a question though. is the badge even necessary? If you have a Commission Card, what extra value is the badge? I know everyone always caries their commission card and badge together both on duty and off but I don't understand the need for the badge part off duty. ??

MRBEST is offline Member MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute MRBEST has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    I think it's happened more than once.

Officer C.H. Trinh in Houston PD suffered the same fate working in his parents grocery store off-duty. Killer is Chuong Duong Tong and is currently on death row. Robber put officer on the floor, took his wallet, saw his badge and shot him.

I have a question though. is the badge even necessary? If you have a Commission Card, what extra value is the badge? I know everyone always caries their commission card and badge together both on duty and off but I don't understand the need for the badge part off duty. ??
    Agreed with the above about carrying a separate wallet/etc.
    As for the second part to Mike's question, without going into too much detail, we had a shooting call, undercover detective was nearby on an unrelated call. Detective (plain car/plain clothes/different radio channel) happened to be leaving the area and was driving a 'similar' vehicle. Detective was pulled over and ordered out at gunpoint due to the call. Detective played it perfectly, exited vehicle with hands on top of his head, and held his flat badge/wallet out with the badge exposed hanging from his hands. Officers were quickly able to figure out he was one of us. Handled well by all involved. I doubt this would have been as effective had he just had a commissioned card/etc. Just a thought.
    The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my department.

Supporting Member L2
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBEST View Post
    Agreed with the above about carrying a separate wallet/etc.
    As for the second part to Mike's question, without going into too much detail, we had a shooting call, undercover detective was nearby on an unrelated call. Detective (plain car/plain clothes/different radio channel) happened to be leaving the area and was driving a 'similar' vehicle. Detective was pulled over and ordered out at gunpoint due to the call. Detective played it perfectly, exited vehicle with hands on top of his head, and held his flat badge/wallet out with the badge exposed hanging from his hands. Officers were quickly able to figure out he was one of us. Handled well by all involved. I doubt this would have been as effective had he just had a commissioned card/etc. Just a thought.
    Glad it worked out. Our local police detectives wear their shield on their belt when in plainclothes on-duty (even uniformed patrol does this when they have court and uniform is not required). Not sure about what undercover types do.

No offense to anyones shooting judgement, but if I'm being ordered out of the car at gunpoint, my hands are empty and the fingers are spread wide. We'll work on the ID part later. ID is in wallet in left rear pocket and you can get it yourself after handcuffing me, just don't shoot me. And you may want to put on gloves. lol.

Nole795 is offline Human Iguana Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Like the others, I keep my credentials separate from my wallet. I actually use a money clip that has an ID holder. That way I can show off my 'bling' to all the hoochies!

But that is the way I roll.
    Eunice: A .22? Oh you've gotta be kidding me. That's like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
    Detective Greenly: Yeah, or bringing a really small gun... to a gunfight.

Boondock Saint II

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    That's exactly the one I was referring to, LASO Deputy Shayne York: Deputy Sheriff Shayne Daniel York | Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, California

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

12. This ad will disappear if you login