RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Danner Boots

modeler80 is offline Junior Member modeler80 is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member L2

Danner Boots

I'm looking at the Danner Acadia, just wondering if anyone out there has had experience with them. Also the Recon look pretty good too, any feedback.. positive or negative?

thanks
    Dan

resqr1 is offline SHEEPDOG SINCE 1969 resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Danner is the best boot you will ever buy. I have three pairs. Acadia, Olympic, and Patrol. Perfect fit straight from the box. No break in period. If you do need to soften the leather a bit, mink oil always works. Great choice.
    SOMEWHERE, SOMEONE IS TRAINING FOR AN ENCOUNTER WITH YOU. STILL WANT TO QUIT?
    ----------------------------------------
    IF YOU KNEW YOU WOULD FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE TOMORROW, WOULD IT CHANGE THE WAY YOU TRAINED TODAY

INTIMIDATING THOSE WHO INTIMIDATE OTHERS

HK45cal is offline Senior Member HK45cal is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member L2
    too heavy for me, thats just me though. I need a light weight boot. I feel so weighed down during foot chases. Rocky makes a boot similar to Danner that are a hell of alot cheaper and lighter and work just as well. I prefer sidezip boots, man is soo much easier to get in and out of.....

gdowkpc is offline Maintaining the Vigil gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Danner has a factory in Portland and we get shoes about half off at the factory store. I even wore a pair af Acadia's as a test subject for a new sole material and design that got scrapped.

I own a pair of insulated Acadia's and wear them in the winter. The thing that drives me nuts is how easily the rubber gets scraped up and the soles wear down. They are way too expensice to resole.

I swithched to Nike's All Condition Gear and got a pair of all black mid-top boots with a bootlike tread and weatherproof uppers (sorry I can't remember the name of the model and it's not printed on the shoe). I sprayed a waterproofing agent on them for good measure. They also have a reinforced toe.

Though they were a beast the first week to break in they are much more confortable and lighter than a Danner boot but less comfortable than a tennis shoe. This is a good thing because there is enough support to do everything a boot does and keep my feet dry during the rainsoaked pacific northwest months. I have had no scuffing/scraping issues and they ckean up real well in the sink. I use a buffing brush to clean the road dust off and never have to polish. These shoes are very low maintenance. I have worn my first pair every day and there is no sign of treadwear. I have been so happy with them that I bought another pair. They were $40 at the Nike Outlet Store (down from $65). Much cheaoer than a $160 Danner.

And even better.....even the old guys say how cool they look. I think more people woulf buy them if they came in a high top.

I still keep my Danner's in the locker. When we get back to the really cold days I may switch back, but only after I try wool socks.

And no...I don't work for Nike...in fact I hate their runing shoes (buy New Balance). I'm just looking for more light weight and durable gear. I already wear 35 pounds worth of gear and feel like the Michelin Man walking down the street.
    In time we hate that which we often fear.
    Visit nwham.com for accurate Ham Repeater information.

Oldbillplod is offline 1 of only 5% Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute Oldbillplod has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    In England most police officers wear Hi-Tec magnums, I don't know if you can buy them in the states but if you can they are a cheap lightweight alternative. The pair I have at the moment i've had for about 3 years.
    A snout has told me he's got a set of nostrils, so go and get a W so we can spin his drum to see if he's got any monkey gear - The Sweeney.

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    The Acadias are great! I am about to resole one of the pairs I have.... they are THAT good!
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

modeler80 is offline Junior Member modeler80 is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member L2
    Thanks for all the advice, I think I'll get a pair as soon as I can get the wife over the sticker shock!! ;)

resqr1 is offline SHEEPDOG SINCE 1969 resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute resqr1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    By the way, resoling only costs $45.00. Cheaper than buying a new pair of waterproof boots anywhere.
    SOMEWHERE, SOMEONE IS TRAINING FOR AN ENCOUNTER WITH YOU. STILL WANT TO QUIT?
    ----------------------------------------
    IF YOU KNEW YOU WOULD FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE TOMORROW, WOULD IT CHANGE THE WAY YOU TRAINED TODAY

INTIMIDATING THOSE WHO INTIMIDATE OTHERS

Rad Diver is offline Who's yer daddy? Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute Rad Diver has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I vote for Ridge Air-Tac's. I wore magnums and they killed my feet. However, I do have screwed up arches. I have orthopedic inserts, but magnums still bothered me.

Air-Tacs are what our DI calls disco boots, but mine are comfortable.

To each their own, every one's foot comfort is at a different level.
    Drive it, Like you stole it!!

10. This ad will disappear if you login